They bring me in front of Max, where another guard pulls up a chair.

Max puts his hand on one of the guard's shoulders, a serious look on his face. "Tie him up very good. I don't want him getting out. Don't make light of the fact that if he gets loose, he will kill you all."

I smile at the guard who is untying my wrist.

I'm glad they all know exactly who I am.

I am then pushed onto the chair. The guard's hands are shaking while he ties my wrists to the chair. Another guard puts his gun to my head.

Max stands in front of me and bends over. One hand on my shoulder. I glare at him.

"Wow! It seems like you need a doctor, Ryder. How's the face and your ribs? Heard you took quite a big hit."

"It's better than that toe of yours."

My right leg isn't tied to the chair so I put my foot up and step on his foot as hard as I can!

Max yells in pain while I wince in pain. Well worth it! I smile through the pain.

"Motherfucker!"

He dances on his one good foot. Sam's Mom looks at me in horror, while her Dad smiles and shakes his head.

Max continues to dance in pain as he stares angrily at me. "Because of Samantha, I've lost two limbs, you know that right?!"

Max bends over and punches me on the side! I open my mouth to yell but no sound is made. More blood oozes out.

"I should tell you that your blonde friend is going to die and my assassin will bring Sam back here," Max says out of breath but continues. "Then we can all be one happy family and put you all to rest. Literally!" He looks over at the Hallowells.

My heart sinks. How does he know they are together?!

We had taken extra steps to make sure no one found them.

I only hope LeAnn and Sam are safe. I pull against the rope trying to find a weakness in the knots.

There isn't any, as of yet.

Just then, the warehouse door opens. I have lost track of time and see how dark it is outside.

A huge figure walks in.

It's the guy that ambushed me earlier.

He looks livid.

Max turns to him with a smile on his face. The man approaches him.

Max look behind the man. "Well? Where is she?"

"She got away," he says fixing his glove.

"What the f-!" Max says exasperatedly.

He throws his arms up and immediately regrets it, yelling in pain and grabbing onto his shoulder.

"How the fuck did that tiny woman get away from you?!"

I am losing so much blood and the room is starting to spin. I grin though, happy to hear they got away.

The man looks at me curiously. He tilts his head slightly and takes a step toward me.

"It was when I threw blondie's lifeless body into the water. The one you want was able to slip by."

My heart sunk. LeAnn?!