Golden Eyes

P.O.V-Chase

Bree nudged me looking at Annabelle who was walking away. I looked at her in confusion. Adam grabbed me by the arms pushing me toward Annabelle causing me to bump into her.

"I'm sorry. Adam pushed me." I said glaring at him.

"Oh that is alright."

"Can I walk you to your locker?"

"Ve bene." She said in Italian.

"What does that mean?"

"It means okay." She said smiling at me.

When we got to her locker she put her books inside and took out a see though bottle with a dark red liquid inside. She uncapped it taking a sip before placing it back in her locker. She popped a piece of gum in her mouth before she turned to me.

"You are staring."

"No I wasn't." I said quickly, looking down.

I looked up at her. I opened my mouth wanting to ask her something but unsure if she would answer. I decided not to so I closed my mouth. She raised her eyebrow, smirking at me.

"What?" She asked amused. I shock my head not wanting to answer.

"Out with it." She said.

I tried to look her in the eyes but I couldn't see them because of her sunglasses.

I tried my best to ask my question. "Is.....why?" I placed my finger on the side of her sunglasses. She looked at my hand that was touching the side of her face. I dropped my hand remembering that she didn't like to be touched.

"Sorry. You don't have to tell me." I looked down. I was ashamed for acting like a jerk.

"Chase look at me. It is okay." She said. I looked up at her face. My eyes widened. My mouth was hanging open. Annabelle wasn't wearing her sunglasses any more. She was even more beautiful with out them. She looked down assuming my expression as shock but it was amazement. I placed my finger underneath her chin forcing her to look at me. Her eyes were a strange golden colour like honeysuckle. They were beautiful.

"Why do you hide them behind sunglasses. They are beautiful." I said taking my hand away from her chin.

She places her sunglasses in her locker before closing it.

"People think I am unusual when they see them."

"Well I don't. I think they're beautiful." I said. My face started heating up when I realized what I had said.

Annabelle placed her hand on my arm."Grazie." She said. I didn't need to ask her what that meant. "Your welcome. We should get back to the others."

"Si. Va bene."

I'm going to have to download a translation app when I get home.

Annabelle looked at me before turning and walking toward the cafeteria. I had this weird fluttering in my stomach every time I looked at her.

I really like her. Could it be love? No. It can't be I just met her. Plus she might be a spy or something, sent here to try and find out about us.

Annabelle turned to give me a weird look, kind of like she thinks I'm crazy. She walked in to the cafeteria ahead of me. I walked past her over to the cool table. I sat down beside Bree. Annabelle sat down between me and Leo. Everyone was staring at her. They were staring at her face.

"Wow!" Adam exclaimed in amazement.

"Your eyes!" Leo shouted. I reached behide Annabelle smacking Leo on the back of the head. He glared at me.

"They're amazing." Bree said.

Annabelle looked down in embarrassment.

"She's right they are amazing." I said. She looked up at me smiling. I looked into her eyes. They were so deep I could get lost in they're beauty.

I looked away, across the cafeteria. I saw Trent sitting down at the wobbly table by the garbage. I felt really bad about what I... no Spike did.

"Hey, there's Trent I better go apologize." I said standing up.

Bree grabbed my arm pulling me down. "Woah! Slow it up buttercup." She said.

"Mail him a greeting card! It's so much more personal!" Leo added.

Annabelle nodded in agreement. "Si, if you do not want that handsome face to be ruined you should better listen." She said. Her face turned a bright red when she realized what she had said.

Leo and Bree looked at her smiling.

"Did you just say I was handsome?" I asked smiking.

She snorted." Have you not heard of sarcasm." She said. I could tell she was lying. I smirked at her.

"Guys look the cheerleaders cut up my food into tiny pieces. I'm eating a turkey burger through a straw." Adam said, taking a sip through the straw. We all gave him a weird look.

"Hey new kid! Come here!" I heard Principal Perry yell. I quickly got up and walked over to her.

"Do you know what happens when my players get humiliated?" She said angrily. I decided to keep my mouth shut. "No, you don't! Because my players DON'T GET HUMILIATED!!" She yelled into my face.

Her breath smells like cat food.

"They look humiliated to me." Adam said plainly. I gave Adam a "shut up" look before turning back to Principal Perry.

"I know what team spirit is about! Because I was the jammer on the North Pacific Roller Derby Championship team!" She bragged.

"That was quite an accomplishment." I said trying to calm her down.

"Don't mock me squash face! My career ended when a trash talker like you got inside my head and I wiped out! One zebra called it the worst single body collision she'd ever seen!"

I didn't really know what to say. "I'd crash too if I saw a talking zebra." I said chuckling.

"It's a referee you desk donkey!" She snapped.

"Trent told me what you did this morning at breakfast. You will not undermine the morale of my team. Evacuate this table, NOW!!" She yelled. Everyone quickly got up. I felt anger rush though me before everything went dark.

A/N There you go please vote comment and share.