Commando App

P.O.V-Chase

Adam, Bree and I were standing around the cyber desk in the lab while Mr. Davenport was giving us a pep talk about high school.

"Okay guys you have been trained for all kinds of missions but your about to enter a soul bruising, confidence crushing apocalyptic environment.....high school." Mr. Davenport explained.

He turned to Adam and Bree.

"Adam, Bree your glitch test results are fairly stable." He told them.

What about me?

"Yes! I'm going to school." Bree said, jumping up and down excitedly.

"Yes! I'm fairly stable." Adam pumped his fist in the air.

Okay then...

Davenport turned to me. "Chase. I'm still concerned about your Commando App."

Not this again.

Leo looked shocked. "Commando App! Put on some underpants! We're going to school!" Leo exclaimed in confusion. "No." Davenport said to Leo. "In the face of an immediate threat, Chase's Commando App kicks in and he becomes a fearless brute I like to call Spike. It's kind of like a fight or flight thing, except I took out the flight cause...useless, I replaced it with the testosterone level of a Tasmanian devil, wolverine, shark, lion hybrid.... that's mad."

While Leo nodded vigorously, smiling like a man with a plan.

I turned to Davenport. "Don't worry Mr. Davenport. I promise Spike won't rear his ugly head." I assured him.

"Oh yeah like last Christmas when I made the mistake of giving Adam boxing gloves." He cocked an eyebrow, placing his hand on Adam's shoulder.

**Flashback**

Adam lay there under a blue Christmas tree with silver tinsel, as Spike threw the yellow nuclear waste container across the lab. He stepped on Adam's chest saying in a deep voice. "Anybody else unclear about the don't punch me rule." As Bree and Davenport hid behind the cyber desk.

**End of Flashback**

Adam shock his head. "I'm still coughing up tinsel."

"You know... letting Chase go to school isn't such a good idea. I can't risk Spike coming out." Davenport said walking towards his computer. Leo ran after him, "Come on Big D you have to let Chase come. With these guys, I'll finally get a prime spot in the cafeteria. That's right ye'll, put on your coats. I'm about to ride your tail." He said pretending to ride a horse.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure he stays out of trouble, right guys?" Adam said. Well at least Adan has some smart ideas.

"Yeah it's all for one and one for all." Bree paused for a moment, then added. "Unless you guys make me look bad. In which case I'm dropping you lamos."

I turned to Davenport. "Mr. Davenport, I can't miss school, this is the beginning of my academic achievements in career trajectory, I mean the road to astronaut lawyer has to start somewhere."

"Okay fine, but I better not get a call from the art teacher saying that Spike ripped out her larynx. Actually she won't be able to say anything because Spike ripped out her larynx."
We chuckled.
"Keep him out of trouble." Davenport warned.

"Look what I found." Adam held up his boxing gloves, striking my stomach. Knocking all the wind out of me. I must of hit my head, cause I don't remember what happened next.