I DIDN'T REALIZE

Cari's PoV

Amy hadn't taken her eyes off of Shannon and I ever since we basically just admitted to being in love with each other and having had sex, which Stevie, of course, realized the second she saw Shannon's second finger going down as well as mine. But she already knew of our relationship, so it doesn't really matter that she knows, it was going to happen eventually anyways. But Amy didn't know, and with Shannon still being afraid of what would come with coming out, all the consequences, she isn't supposed to know either.

But Amy isn't dumb. She understood more that she was supposed to, at least since our relationship was still considered a secret to most people, and after having revealed what we had, I know it's only a matter of time before she realizes what is behind the bond Shannon and I share. Sooner of later our longing looks, lingering hugs, stolen glances and interlocked fingers would make sense. And when they do, whether or not Shannon wants to, Amy's going to understand, no matter how much either of us try to deny it, it's really not something she can just look past. It's too obvious.

A smile slowly lifts the sides of my lips up as my girlfriend grips onto my shirt in her sleep and nuzzles her face further into my stomach. She had fallen asleep, along with most of our friends on the couch or the floor of Meghan's living room, while the second movie of the night played on the TV. Stevie had, for almost a half hour ago, turned the volume down as Ally had fallen asleep with her legs laying across Stevie's, not wanting the movie to wake her up again.

Vanessa and Alex were both sitting in an armchair watching the movie with little to no interest, before they both slowly but surely ended up on the floor, asleep, with their backs facing each other. Jack and Meghan, for some reason, fell asleep cuddling on the couch half way though the movie. Danny had taken over the armchair Alex and Vanessa had abandoned, and is too, fast asleep, while Ryan, who had been sitting beside Danny ended up lying down once Danny left, falling asleep shortly after. Which left only Amy, Stevie and I still awake with the low buzz from the movie playing in the background as none of us really are watching it anymore.

I look down at Shannon and giggle slightly to myself at the sight. I lift my hand up to her face and carefully brush some hair away from it. I study her face with a small smile as her eyes move underneath her eyelids and with her lips parted slightly. I gently trace my fingertips over her warm skin, following the shape of her face up to her forehead and then down to the tip of her nose, eventually landing lightly on her lips, causing her to pout slightly.

"So, you're in a relationship" Amy states, causing me to pull my hand away from Shannon's face immediately and look up with a start.

Amy smirks and looks down at Shannon, probably already starting to realize that it is more to our friendship than what Shannon and I had admitted to.

"Okay" I decide to say, trying to neither agree nor disagree with her statement.

"And you're in love."

"Sure" I tell her, carefully dragging my fingers through my girlfriend's hair.

"And you're not a virgin anymore."

"You are, though" I look up and nod her way, catching Stevie trying to suppress a laugh from where she's sitting, rubbing her girlfriend's feet fondly, eventually ending up bursting out laughing at our conversation.

Amy turns towards Stevie and lifts her eyebrows at her, "You find this funny?"

"Sure" she says mockingly, laughing at Amy's expression.

Amy shakes her head at Stevie and turns her attention back over at me, excitement evident in her eyes, "Who is she?"

I glance over at Stevie and gently lace my fingers with Shannon's while shrugging at Amy, who groans, while Stevie watches with amusement and small chuckles.