WAR PAINT

Cari's PoV

"Cari" a low, soft whisper fills my ears.

Soft fingers carefully stroke my cheeks and my hair is pushed out of my face, "Baby."

A small smile tugs in the corner of my lips as I slowly open my eyes, "Hi" I whimper tiredly.

"Hey, you" Shannon whispers back, placing her hand on my cheek, tilting my head upwards, smiling down at me.

I smile back up at her, tightening the arm I have around her waist and softly raking my nails over her bare skin, "I love this."

"What?" Shannon asks softly, stroking her thumb over my cheek.

"Waking up in your arms. Hearing your voice and seeing you first thing in the morning" I tell her, laying my head back down on her bare chest.

"I love you" Shannon smiles softly.

I place a kiss to her bare chest, smiling widely, "I love you."

"Cari?" Shannon says sweetly.

"Yeah?"

"There's only a few days until Christmas" she smiles excitedly.

"I know" I reply happily, "I can't wait to spend Christmas with my girlfriend."

"Is that so?" Shannon asks playfully and lets go of my cheek, wrapping her arms around my naked body, under her sheets.

"Yeah, I even got her a present" I whisper, nuzzling my head into her chest.

"You did?" she asks, giggling softly.

I nod my head, smiling widely, "I did, but you can't tell her."

"I can't?"

"No" I shake my head, "then she'll know and the surprise is ruined."

"I won't tell her then" she chuckles, kissing my forehead softly.

"Good" I smile and turn my head up to look at her, "Shan?"

"What?" she smiles down at me.

I turn back down again and push myself down slightly, placing an unexpected kiss to the side of one of her breasts, "I like these."

"Oh, you do?" Shannon whispers, raking her nails up my back, sending shivers down my spine.

"Mhm" I reply and push myself back up, nuzzling my face into her neck, "but I'm tired."

Shannon chuckles quietly, dragging her nails back down my back, "I have to take a shower, baby."

"No, don't go" I whine, tightening my grip around her body, "you're comfy and warm."

"I have to" she whispers and pulls me into a tight hug, pressing our bodies together.

I smile into her neck, "I don't want you to go."

"I'll be quick, I promise" Shannon says and places a soft kiss to the top of my head.

I lift my head up to look at her, smiling at her shyly and move my arms from around her waist to around her neck, "Take me with you."

Shannon raises her eyebrows at me, "To shower?"

I nod my head and lay my head back down on her shoulder, "Either you stay with me or you take me with you" I whisper into her shoulder.

"Fine" Shannon chuckles and turns to her back, making me straddle her, "wrap them around my waist" she smiles and gently taps my left thigh.

I quickly wrap my legs around her and squeal as she gets up from her bed, "Hold on tightly" she whispers into my ear and kisses my shoulder.