WHAT'S UP WITH YOU, SHAN?

Shannon's PoV

"Mom?" I shout as I walk down the stairs, all packed for the sleepover.

"In the kitchen, Shan!" she shouts back.

I walk into the kitchen, "I'm all packed up" I smile as she turns around facing me with a smile, "I was wondering if you could drive me and Cari?"

"To Alex?" she smiles, "of course, I can."

"Thank you, mom" I say as I hug her tightly.

"Where is Cari?" she asks and looks around, probably thinking she is here already.

I feel a familiar tingly feeling in my stomach when my mom brought Cari up, just this time the tingling was much stronger than usual, almost like something was alive in there.

"She's home, getting her things" I tell her, "she'll be over soon" I smile at the thought of seeing her again soon.

I know I saw her just minutes ago, but I already miss her. Her smell, her eyes, the feeling of her hand in mine, just her in general. I miss everything about her when she's not around, even for just one minute.

"Tell me when she's here, and I'll drive you" she smiles and turns back to whatever she was doing.

I walk out of the kitchen, grabbing my bag and swing it over my shoulder. I wonder what we're going to do tonight, hopefully watch a scary movie. I know Cari hates them, because they scare her, so that will just give me an excuse to cuddle with her. My entire body gets all warm at the thought of having her in my arms. I love our movie nights together, when we eventually end up falling asleep, cuddling. The feeling of having her close to me is the best feeling in the world, nothing is comparable to that warm and safe feeling it gives me.

"Shannon, someone is knocking, didn't you hear?" my mom shouts from the kitchen.

I turn my face towards the door and quickly make my way over. I was too deep in thoughts to even hear someone knocking at the door. I take a deep breath as I place my hand on the handle, feeling a sudden rush of nerves wash over me. I open the door, finding a smiling Cari at the other side.

"Woah..." I whisper at the sight of my best friend standing there, looking more beautiful than ever, even though she wore the exact same thing as before.

It's like she gets more beautiful every time I see her. I feel my cheeks heat up as I realize what I just said, and clear my throat in embarrassment. Cari giggles slightly, her cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Hey" I say, sounding out of breath because of my sudden nervousness.

"Hey, Shan" she smiles cutely with her bag over her shoulder.

I take a step to the side, letting my best friend step inside, "My mom is driving us", I smile.

"Yey" she smiles cutely, "I hate walking" she says and drops her bag down on the floor.

"I know" I chuckle and drop mine too.

I walk over to her and wrap my arms tightly around her waist, hugging her tightly, "I missed you."

She wraps her arms securely around my neck, "I missed you too", she whispers into my neck.

I shiver at the feeling of her hot breath on my neck, making the tingly feeling in my stomach go crazy. I inhale deeply, taking in her sweet smell as we let go of each other. We lock eyes for a second, our faces only inches apart. My heart is literally beating out of my chest.

I jump away from her when I hear my mom's voice, "Didn't you see each other like thirty minutes ago?" she chuckles, "but yet you seem like you haven't seen each other in years."