chapter fifty-six | | lynne

I sliced a walker through the forehead as a stray walker pushed through the air and made their way towards me. Jinxx scoffed.

"We've been out here a day and you're still standing? When will you give up, Lynne?" He asked.

"You know what, I've let you go because you just lost your boyfriend, but could you please stop, Jinxx? I don't want to hurt you." I begged, rubbing my eyes, "we'll find somewhere to stay for the night."

Jinxx raised an eyebrow. "Really? Really, little Lynne? You're going to hurt me? You're going to hurt me? Like how you hurt everyone else? How you hurt Bella and Luna and Echo--."  

"DON'T mention her." Mark said, speaking for the first time within an hour, his anger hissing venomly.

Jinxx was shocked. "Why? Are you scared you'll never see her again? Are you scared that you'll lose her? That you made her die? That you're the reason she's a walker right now? IS THAT WHY YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT HER, MARK?" He screamed.

It was silent for just a moment and then there was a loud bang that went through. Not one that was a gunshot, but it was skin hitting a bone. And when I glanced over, Mark's hand was printed upon Jinxx's skin, his eyes full of something I couldn't understand.

"Do not talk about her." He said once more, making it known that he was going to do worse if he even thought of bringing up her name again. Meanwhile I would die to even hear Lisa's name. To tell her I was sorry.

I looked to Mark and gave a smile, as he returned it back. He then looked back at the large road that was in front of us.

"You know, it doesn't have to be this way. We don't have to be sad." I said gently as I stared at the map, taking a few more steps.

There was silence for a minute and then Jinxx breathed through his anger. "Yes it does." He said.

I watched him go out of view whilst he took the lead, barely taking so much as a glance to me in the process. He was angry. I knew he was.

But I had to side with mark on a situation like this.

I waited for him to say something else but when he didn't I noticed he wasn't going to.

So I looked over to the street and pointed to a small side house that looked clear enough to spend the night so the little bit of a herd would pass. I shrugged.

"Found our shelter."