chapter fifty-three | | luna

You know what? Let's fuck today. Like shoot it. Shoot it so hard that it dies and becomes a better day tomorrow after learning about this day.

I don't know how this happened. Though deep inside I know it's because I let them get away the first time.

We've been walking for what's felt like hours on end in the woods until there was no sight of the city. That and that's the point where my leg gave out under me and I fell to the ground.

My leg throbbing in pain as the adrenaline I once had to keep me going quickly died off. Bella and I had set up a camp, eating the small amount of food that she had in her bag. We ate in silence, silence being the scariest thing right now.

That and the image of my brother dying over and over again like a broken record was in my head. I had made us a fire so we wouldn't freeze but I know that we have to keep on moving.

I nearly cried when I reached into my jacket pocket and pulled out the silver ring that I was going to give Caleb to give to Jinxx. I twirled the small ring in my hand as all that was in my mind was my now dead twin.

"Did you see them get out?" Bella asks me, though I don't make an effort to move and look at her. "Did. . .did you see Lynne get out?" She asked once more and I glanced up at her then to the ring. "They have to be out there. Right? We have to go find them." She says and I close my eyes for a moment.

"Can't track them with the hundreds of walker tracks." I say after a while and she looks down. "I'm sorry." I say after a while though it was more in general then to her.

"You don't have to be sorry, we can go and find the others. Everything will be okay." She says and I look to the girl sitting across from me before back down to the ring. "We have to go now. Or we'll lose them and--"

"Everyone's dead! Okay! We're not gonna find them because they're all dead! Just face reality Bella!" I yelled to her, gripping the ring in my right hand.

"You don't know that!" She yells, this being one of the first times that I've seen her yell. There was a fire that burned in her eyes that I knew all too well.

"They might as well be, cause you ain't ever gonna see them again!" I yelled at her before turning away from her as a whole.