chapter five | | lynne

I sighed as I looked to Caleb, who was looking around the room. "They're gonna be fine," I said, knowing that his mind was to his little sister.

"I know," he said, "they always are. They do this so much." I nodded my head and looked down to my own little sister.

"They do - they're gonna be fine. They'll get in, get out, and we'll be golden for another day."

"I just wanna go with her sometimes," Caleb spoke. I nodded.

"Hey, I do too. I wanna be there to protect them. To make sure they don't get hurt or something like that. But you know three of us have to stay with Bella. One guarding each of the posts. So unless you wanna leave your amazing boyfriend or I wanna leave my precious sister, I don't think we'll be able to go." He smiled. "Besides, it's okay. I hate to say it, but if we were all there it would just make it worse. Too much noise, too much attention. It's good they're the only ones to go, you know what I'm saying?" I asked. Caleb nodded.

"Thanks, Lynne,"

"I'm always the voice of reason, aren't I?" I asked. Jinxx sat up hesitatingly from the couch.

"Voice of reason that gives everyone a headache." He said with a smirk.

"Hey! I heard that!" I replied.

"You were supposed to." He answered, making Bella laugh from behind me. I narrowed my eyes on her.

"Oh, really, missy. You going to laugh at your big sister being harassed over here?" I asked with a fake glare, making her laugh harder. "I feel so attacked. Caleb, are you gonna help me?" I looked over to see Caleb sitting next to Jinxx. "Of course." I muttered.

"Boyfriends come first, Lynne." I groaned.

"Fine." I said, lowly. Without Echo and Luna, my backup, I'm kind of nothing. At least we were this close, though.

These people could easily hate me. They could hate Luna, they could hate Echo, god forbid Echo.

But we were luckily all friends. I think we've had fights maybe twice. One time it was because Bella snuck out while we were asleep. It was Luna who was taking watch when she found her, and she dragged her in by the arm.

When she screamed for me, I was shocked to see Bella's scared face as Luna gripped her shoulder thickly. "I'm s-so sorry, Lynne!" She whimpered with tears falling down her face.

I wasn't starting the fight. It was mostly Luna yelling at me to keep a better eye on Bella and thus causing me to scream back lightly at her.

"Hey! I don't care what she did, you don't cause her to cry!"

That lasted a good hour. Caleb and Jinxx agreed with Luna, as Echo and Bella agreed with me. We finally recognized the walkers that were appearing outside our base.

The second time we fought was when Luna took someone's life. A man's life. He had a walker bite on his shoulder, yes, but I argued that Luna had no right shooting him.

But that's a story for another time.

The point of my story is that there have been very exaggerated fights, but that is it. We are the golden group. And nobody's gonna leave nor enter this group any time soon.