chapter twenty-one | | luna

"Now, where'd you leave your truck?" Caleb asked, looking down at the map we had laid out on the dining room table. Mark stood to my right and Lynne stood to my left.

I looked to Echo, who was next to Caleb and pointed to the street that we had to run from. "Right there. That's where my baby is." I say, looking at Caleb.

He let out a sigh and looked to our base, which was circled, we had this map for building's we've already looted and another one for mapping herd movement.

Mark chuckled a bit, hearing me call my car my baby. It wasn't that weird, was it?

"Alright, since the herd's passed through, Luna take someone with you and go get your car, I'll map out your root." Caleb says and I smile, nodding my head.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

"Hey." I started, looking to Mark as we walked down the street and into the city. He looked to me for a second before looking around again, a knife in his hand and a gun at his side.

I held my crossbow in my hands and this time had my katana with me on my back. We were on our way to get my car and get it back to the base, Mark had the gasoline to fill the car with when we got to it.

"I just uh. . .Look, I'm not good at this kind of stuff, but uh. Thank you for saving me when the walker had me pinned. I thought that was it." I said as we turned down the street that we left my car on.

"It's no problem, really, you've been so open and kind to us that there was no way I would have let you get eaten. Even if we weren't a part of the group I think I still would have saved you." He said and I smiled as the sight of my truck came into view.

My smile was quickly gone at the sight of two people going through it for the rest of the supplies we left in there. "Oh Hell no." I muttered, aiming my crossbow at the pair and Mark raised his gun up.

One of them was a girl, looking through the back and the other was a boy, sitting in the front driver seat, hot wiring my car as I'd taken the keys out of it when we had to run.

"Hurry up Rei, I know this car works, it has to." The girl growls at the guy as she moved to the driver side door.

This bitch

I glance to Mark then back to the pair as we walk up. The girl looked around for a moment, freezing when her gaze landed on the two of us walking up.

She had long white hair that was pulled back into a ponytail and piercing green eyes that were filled with anger as we walked up to the truck.

"I think it's best if the two of you get your hands off of my truck and step aside." I say, pointing my gun to the girl as Mark point his gun to the guy.

The girl glares at me, my eyes meeting hers. "We were here first bitch so back the Hell up." She growled at me and I glared at her. "So you two should be the ones backing the Hell up." She snapped.

"Well bitch, it's my car, bought and paid for with my own money long beforeshit hit the fan. So either leave or I put a bolt in your head." I said as Mark got Rie to get out of the truck.

Just as I thought we had the situation under control Rie overpowered Mark and took the gun, hitting him on the head so he fell. I pointed my crossbow at Rie only for the girl to pull out a knife and cut my arm, knocking the crossbow out of my hands.

"Shit." I growled, spinning around and punching her so she fell to the ground before pulling my katana out to kill her.

"No. Harper." Rie said, shooting the gun and hitting my right hand so I dropped the katana in pain. The girl, Harper, jumped up and punched me across the face while Rie went to kill Mark.

Quickly, I kicked the back of Harper's knees so she'd fall to the ground. I gasped a bit in pain as I reached and pulled out my knife and throwing it at Rie so he'd drop the gun and him and Mark started to fight.

"You bitch." Harper growled as she got to her feet and landed a kick on me before I could get fully backup, sending me to the ground again. "Don't you dare hurt my man." She said, stradling me and landing a few punches before I flipped us over.

A marine never gives up.

I landed a good amount of hits in before I was hit on the back of the head. I rolled off of Harper to see Rie, helping her up. He had a bloody nose and a few cuts, one where I hit him with a knife.

My vision spun a bit as I spit blood out of my mouth that ran from my nose and from where I ended up biting my tongue. Patting me down, Rie took my keys from me along with picking up my katana before him and Harper walked to my truck

Groaning in pain, I leaned my head against the black top and watched in pain as they took my truck and left us both beaten and truckless to get back to the base.

I will kill them, the both of them.