chapter fourteen | | luna

Time check: four twenty-six in the morning. Why I was up at four twenty-six in the morning was because I couldn't sleep. By I couldn't sleep I mean I was up all night.

A bad habit I developed that Caleb's yelled at me for. Not like he can change it though, more "Sleep before I none kinkily chain you to the bed".

That still didn't change anything, I'd either end up passing out or I would be forced to take a nap by Caleb or Jinxx on the occasion because deep down he cares. Like far down deep.

"She destroyed with fury, and yet she built with kindness. She killed with hate yet she saved them with passion." I read out to myself as I leaned back on the rocking chair, book in hand.

I'd been nose deep in the book all night.

My eyes darted along the lines of the hardback book I've come to love. My knees were practically to my chest and the book was resting on them.

"'She once stood here, right where you did. She was grace, she was beauty, she was everything to me.' Jasper told the woman that stood in front of him. 'But I was the idiot that let her go.'." I read out again as I turned the page.

"So this is what you do in your spare time?" Mark's voice rang out, making me jump a bit and close my book, knowing the book page as I've read this book so many times.

I turned in the chair to see Mark, raising an eyebrow at me in confusion. I let out a small laugh. He crossed his arms as I stood up and nodded my head.

"Yeah, I read whenever I can." I say, putting the book down on the table next to the chair. "So what are you doing up?" I fired back at him, sticking my tongue out at him.

He placed his hand over his chest. "Well!" He said, sounding offended as I laughed a bit. "I'm hurt." He said and I rolled my eyes and went to walk to my room.

"Then you should go find some ice for the burn you have." I said, placing a kiss on his cheek before walking to my room and disappearing into the room, the door closing behind me.