chapter twenty-eight | | lynne

"Bella, rise and shine, sleepyhead," I began, knocking on the blonde's door, "it's time for breakfast."

Her voice was quiet and raspy on the other side of the door,

"I"m fine, Lynne. I'm not hungry..." She said stilly. I raised an eyebrow, but stayed quiet.

"Okay, then we'll see you for lunch?" I asked, placing my fingers on the door knob, then dropping them to my side.

"S-Sure. See you for lunch."

My mouth opened, but I couldn't say anything. I just smiled and walked downstairs, my eyes locking with Luna's the second I felt my feet fall onto the floor. "Hey," she began, looking a little better from the day before. She glanced around me like she was looking for something before raising an eyebrow. "Where's Bella?"

"Sleeping in. The poor girl's gotten no sleep in the past...forever."

"Why?"

I could feel the lie undulating on my throat before it stung me. "I'm not sure," I admitted, giving a glance to the right as I saw Lisa, her tired and clearly worried expression clouding her eyes and circulating her pupils.

When I turned back around, Mark's arms were wrapped around Luna and Echo was crossing the room.

I turned back to Lisa. "You should get some sleep," I encouraged.

"You're not my mother," she snarked back

So she's still mad at me, got it.

"But I care about you..." I replied.

:"I don't need you to care about me. I'm still trying--."

"Trying to what? Convince Mark that you shouldn't be here? That you're not safe here? Fine, do whatever you want, Lisa. Just a day ago, you said you wanted to be friends with me. Now you're acting like I just destroyed your life...I don't know what you want from me."

"I'm not trying to make you a scapegoat, Lynne."

"You are. I'm not even the leader here. I wasn't on that mission."

She didn't respond.

"So why are you acting like I hate you?"

"Cause I--nevermind, you wouldn't understand."

I guess I don't understand. I guess I don't want to.

My mind was too thick already - I didn't need some crazy girl angry with me for doing absolutely nothing.

It seemed everyone hated me recently. Bella was avoiding me, Mark can't pry himself away from Luna for some reason, and Lisa just wants to make it her goal to distance herself from me.

What did I do wrong? What is wrong with me?

I guess it didn't matter. Luna was still hurt, so was Mark. There was a group peeved with us, and Jinxx and Caleb are...actually, I don't know what they're doing.

We're just trying to survive. I'm so glad everyone's getting in the middle of that.

On second thought, maybe I'll be like Bella. I'm not in the mood for breakfast anyway.