door bell

A couple days have past and it's now Wednesday and we're all sitting down eating dinner when the doorbell rings. "I'll get it" Sam announces while standing up. We can hear him answer the door, "what are you doing here?" me and Clare look at each other confused before getting up and going to the door as well.

"Hello sir, I came to ask your permission to date Kaison" Noah states proudly, the last couple days of school have been the same with kids whispering behind my back, and Noah giving me my space to figure things out.

"Noah, what are you doing?" I look at him urgently, trying to figure out what's going on inside his head.

He glances over at me, "I've decided that I'm not going to wait, I know I said I would, and I tried, but just I can't" he then turn back to Sam.

I glance at Clare and see some kind of recognition to his words on Clare's face. Sam smirks, "so you're asking my permission, well in that case... " before he finishes, he's cut off by Noah.

"Wait I have to tell you something thing else first, " he pauses to glance at me "Kaison told me that before she could date me, I would have to ask her father, when I asked her which one, she said 'you know which one' so that is why I am here. To ask permission to date your daughter, and you don't have to worry because Archer already gave me the 'you hurt her I hurt you' speech. I really like her, and I promise not to do anything that would hurt her, so please can I go out with her."

I kind of just stand there shocked, Clare watches Sam intently and Sam lets out a defeated sigh "alright, but is not like you can take her on a date any time soon, she's still grounded."

Noah smiles hugely "that's okay with me, thank you sir" he reaches out and shakes Sam's hand.

I look at Sam and Clare awkwardly "can I, um, can I talk to him for a minute."

"Sure, but only for a minute, we're eating dinner" Clare says while dragging Sam, who is shouting "no kissing", out of the room.

Noah grins at me, "so did I prove that I'm worth it?"

I smile and nod, "so you're not waiting?"

He smirks "nope, I might share a lot of characteristics with Mikey, but patience isn't one of them. That and I'm way handsomer than he was."

I raise my eyebrows "oh, you are, are you?"

"Yep," he steps closer to me, "you want to know my favorite thing that I get from him?" he's now even closer to me.

"What?" I ask staring up, at him, staring down at me.

"The fact that we both have the same taste in beautiful girls" he leans down and kisses me, he pulls away and I smile at him.

"You should probably leave before Sam gets mad and chases you down the block again" I whisper to him.

"Yeah, I have to get home anyway" he kisses me one more time before leaving, I walk back into the dining room smiling.

"Kaison and Noah sitting in a tree" K.C. and chase start but I interrupt them.

"Finish that song and I'll hide the desert, and I believe your mom made brownies, so... " I trail off at the looks of horror on their faces.

"You wouldn't" K.C. says glaring at me.

I glare back "try me" our staring contest is interrupted by Sam and Clare laughing.

"Alright you two, cut it out, K.C., Kaison is not going to hide the brownies so relax" Clare says.

"I might" I say smirking and watching K.C. for her reaction, which is hilarious because it looks like she might have a heart attack.