I let him go keeping the book in my hand. He quickly made his way underground and without a second thought Milo and Leo started to close the safe room up. The metal doors slowly started to close in, "Now or never." I said to myself.

The man had come from the direction of the forest. I bet that's where Freya is.

I'm coming.

Damon

"Just give me something for the pain. A steroid, a potion anything!" I shouted at Bash and Callan as we made our way into The Elders safe room. It was the closest safe spot to The Brotherhood's mansion.

As we passed the huge rectangular windows in The Elder's mansion, I saw the wave growing ever bigger. It wouldn't be long before we were in the safe room. But I didn't have time to hide, Freya needed me now.

I was still so weak after the vision I saw, and it didn't help that someone was beating the crap out of Freya. Or trying to drown her. It was so hard to breathe. I desperately tried to reach out to her, but she didn't reply to me or Alaric.

"Bash! I need to get to Freya-"

"She is going to be just fine," Callan said blowing me off. "Demigods are more resistant than you think."

"Bash" I coughed out, "I'm still team leader. I need to help her." I was begging now.

"Nothing I can give you would make you even remotely ready for battle. Damon, your killing yourself. Be reasonable," Bash said. We were just about the move the portrait of the first Elder off the wall so we could head into the safe room. With my last remaining strength, I pulled back away from Callan and Bash. I'm not just going to hide away while Freya is in trouble.

I could handle the pain, but I needed strength. I needed... I needed... That's it! I teleported back to the castle landing hard on my knees on the cold stone floor in Freya's room.

Where is it? Where is it?!

I crawled over to Freya's nightstand pulling out all the drawers. Got it. I thought holding up Freya's thigh band. Weakly, I snapped the gold band around my neck.

Hopefully, this works on Descendants and not just demigods.

Freya

I'm going to die.

I couldn't fight against the wave to swim upwards. I was being pushed back as the glowing green tentacle started to approach me. I finally stopped trying to swim up and just started to swim with the flow of the water. Even saying I was swimming was generous; I was just being moved.

Just focus on air. Just focus on air. Just focus on air.

I kept saying to myself. All my remaining strength had to go into keeping my air like dome over my head. The water was so cold it stung my body. I was swimming with no clear direction. I was being buried in darkness.

I felt a hand touch my foot and I immediately started to freak out. Kicking and flailing my limbs until the hand went away. Today just wasn't my day. God forbid I try and go to a dance, or try to save someone from drowning only to end up floating in a never-ending pit of darkness.

I felt strong arms being wrapped around my waist. I twisted, turned, and kicked, trying to get away from whatever was trying to hold me down. It was so dark I couldn't see anything.

I blinked and the next thing I knew I was rolling... On the ground! Coughing, I tried to take in my new surroundings.

Holy small towns.

The colors of the town reminded me of children's toys. Every red was the exact same one, a brilliant cherry scarlet. Every blue was a bright royal hue, neither dark nor light. There were a few trees pine trees. The streetlamps were a canary yellow. None of the buildings were sun-bleached, nothing was scratched or chipped. The street was free of litter and the walls were unvandalized.

It screamed perfect getaway. What the hell happened?

"Are you okay?" Damon said weakly gasping for air just like me. He offered me his hand, and without thinking I took it.

"W-w-w-hat- What? Where are we?" Is that my thigh band around his neck?

"Somewhere outside of the main shield. So, Cutler?" he said.

You may have pissed off the God of the sea, now he's not too happy being imprisoned. Damon said.

"So, he drowns me, and everyone at Haven!" I shouted now standing.

"Ssshhhh, this is man's world. We need to go back to Haven," he said.

"You can. I tried to get inside only to run full force into a wall," I said touching my nose.

Thinking it over for a second, he finally said looking up to the dark stormy sky, "We can't stay in the middle of the road." I could tell we were somewhere close to the ocean; I could smell the salt in the air.

Would the wave make it to us?

"No." Damon said directing his attention back on me. "Cutler has the same shields and barriers as Haven. Just not as strong."

Is that why I can't get in? Did Haven disown me?

Rain started to pour down on to us. That's exactly what we needed right now, more rain! The rain bore down mercilessly onto everything pounding on the rooftops and turning the cobbled streets of the town into a warren of slick stones and muddy waters. "Come on," Damon said grabbing onto my wrist and we teleported away.