Hey Bec, wanna go to the mall?

  Not even two minutes later my phone lights up with a text from her.

       Of course! I've been dying to have some girl time!

    Great. Pick me up in half an hour?

       Gotcha. 

I pull my self out of bed and try to make myself look human. I open my closet and rummage for an outfit. I finally decide on black skinny jeans and a wool crop sweater and topped the look with my lovely yellow vans. I smile to myself, satisfied with my choice.

I let my hair down in its bouncy curls and don't even bother with makeup

I let my hair down in its bouncy curls and don't even bother with makeup. I check the time and see it's been 25 minutes and Becca should be here any minute. I get my bag and walk down the stairs and out the door. I sit on my steps and wait patiently for Becca.

    Soon I see her Mustang pull up and I walk to her car. I open the door and slide in. Becca whistles when she sees me. "Lookin hot Aurora." She smirks.

      "You don't look to bad yourself" I smile back at her. She's wearing light blue skinny jeans and a sweatshirt and she looks really pretty.

      "So did you hear?" She asks as she drives off.

     "Hear what?" I ask confused.

    "About the midnight blue ball! Everyone is going, it's basically a really fancy ball that the school has every year in honor of the Golden Boys" She squeals excited.

       "In honor of the Golden Boys? when is it?" I ask interested. Balls have never been something I hated, I kinda like them. Why is there one held every year for the Golden Boys?

       "They donate a huge amount to the school and Aaron owns it so the school has a ball in their name. It's this Sunday and since today is Friday, we only have two days to get ready." She says worried.

   "Becca, two days is enough of time!"

"No it's not! Today we're going to look for dresses and shoes, then tomorrow I booked us to get our nails done and then I can do our make up and hair." She says in one breath.

     Wow. Becca just continues to amaze me. "That sounds okay." I with a chuckle.

     "Hey what happened to you yesterday? I called you a bunch of times." When I realize what she's talking about, my mood dampens and she notices. "What's wrong? You can tell me" She says softly.

    "I got some bad news that my grandmother......had passed away" I mumble and look out the window.

    "Oh my Gosh! That's terrible! Were you guys close?" She gasps.

      "Not really. We drifted apart but she had a special place in my heart."

"I'm so sorry. It'll get better" Becca slips her hand in mine and gives me a comforting smile and I return one.