Chapter 30

Chapter 30: But I'm your dork.

"I'm so glad you're back." Bobby said quietly while squeezing me once more.

"It's good to be back." I mumbled into his chest. I took in a deep breath and gosh he smells good. I missed him, I missed his scent, and I missed the way he was holding me right now.

"Let's go." He said as he grabbed his keys.

"Where are we going?" Cass asked.

"The beach." 

    We got in his car and went to Dairy Queen, then made our way to the beach. Later we decided to bury Cass in the sand and feed her ice cream.

"Here comes the airplane!" Bobby said followed by airplane noises. She wouldn't open her mouth so he smeared the ice cream on her face.

"Gosh, I hope you don't do this to your children." Cass said trying to get out of the sand.

"Haha, if we have any." I joked.

"I know I would like to start a family" Bobby said cramming another spoonful of ice cream into her mouth.

"Do you really?"

"I gue-"

"So...what time is it? I have to go to the movies with Kenny soon." said Cass. Bobby looked at his watch.

"Quarter past four."

"We should get going?" She slightly suggested climbing out of the sand. And so we left the beach, Cass got her car and went to the movies while Bobby and I stayed at home.

      We're laying on the couch, our bodies close, my head on his chest, his arms around me, and his chin resting on my head. It was nice; very nice.

"I'm sorry." I blurted out.

"For what?"

"Everything. I didn't like how I hurt you. I didn't like it one bit. I still hate it."

"What's life if you don't get hurt now and then?"

"But I don't want to be the one hurting you, Bobby. I can't lose you. If I keep hurting you, you'll just pack your bags and leave. If you leave, I would understand, I just wouldn't want you to-"

"I've told you so many times, I will love you forever, and I will never leave you."

"Bobby, I still hurt you. I cheated on you.... Oh God," I started balling my eyes out onto his chest. "I never thought of it as cheating until now. I just called it an accident. Bobby, I'm so sorry." I sobbed, holding him closer to me.

"Christina, it was just a kiss." He tried comforting me but it wasn't working.

"I kissed back. I let him kiss me. You should have left me. I don't deserve you."

"You're being absurd."

"The only thing you were worried about this tour was me being with Adam. I told you I wouldn't do anything, and look what happened!" He rubbed my back and kissed my head.

"Can we stop talking about it? I have you now, that's all that matters. Yes, I'm upset that it happened; but I'm happy you told me the truth. I'm happy you're telling me how you feel. Honesty is what makes us stronger."

"Did you make out with Cass?" I mumbled.

"What? Oh. Of course not, I was joking."

"You can if you want." I clearly started mumbling nonsense.

"I won't."

"You can hit me."

"Okay, now you can stop. I will never, ever, lay my hands on you. Unless I am holding you in my arms. Unless I am putting my hands on your cheeks to kiss you or," He took his thumb and wiped under my eyes. "to wipe away your tears." He adjusted me so I was just laying on him and my head was in the crook of his neck. I took in a deep breath and accidentally smelled him.

"You smell so good." I mumbled in his neck.

"You're such a dork." He chuckled.

"But I'm your dork." I bragged.

"Of course."

"I love you." I kissed his neck then rested my forehead on his.

"I love you more." He lifted his head and pecked my lips with his. I gazed into his eyes and he gazed into mine. It wasn't long until I leaned forward and kissed him softly. His hands held on to my waist and he kissed me back ever so lightly.  I missed this. Thinking about how this situation was,  I got lost in thoughts to the point I had to ask,

"Were you serious about starting a family?"