Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Bye queer face.

      It's a few days after Luke's death and his funeral is coming up. I don't want to go but his sister Breanna really wishes for me to be there. Breanna and I were really close friends when I was dating Luke; sometimes I hung out with her more than Luke. Now that I think about it, she was the first person who told me that he was cheating on me; his mom; Mama Dani  knew as well but didn't want want me to leave him.

     She always said I was like a daughter and I kept him in line. She treated me with so much respect and love it was hard to break up with him because I didn't want to leave her heart broken. Then the day Luke pushed me down the stairs at a baseball game for saying the baseball players' butts were cute was the day I punched him in the face and broke up with him immediately. Mama Dani used to love me to death but now that Luke passed away she has been drunk texting me saying it's my fault. It is my fault.

    Let's take it in this way: He pushed me down the stairs; I punched him in the face. He almost killed me; Bobby beats him up and Cass runs him over, and now he died.

       Luke's other siblings; Devynn and Drew are supposed to be coming over today and I'm not sure how I'm going to tell them on how I think about it. Cass is going to be there too but they don't know she pretty much killed him; nobody does. The police just thought it was a suicide attempt; that he jumped off the roof. Saving Cass from jail; I agreed with their assumption. It's a terrible thing to do but she saved me...so that's just doing a solid right? I don't think I could tell them..but I don't want to hide the truth from his family.

      It's about two o'clock in the afternoon and Cass and I are playing League when there's a knock on the door. "Door is open!" I yelled as I started to put my laptop away. I set my laptop on my bed and I turned around to see Devynn looking at me puzzled and frozen. I just stared at her back. "Meow." She said laughing. It was one of our old inside jokes that I completely forgot about! Drew came in and gave me a hug.

"Jeez! It's been forever since I've seen you!" He said as he started heading into the living room. Devynn, Cass and I followed. I sat down between Cass and Devynn.

"I know! How has it been?" I asked. Devynn scratched her arm a little and said,

"Great, until just the other day...with you know."

"Yeah, I know, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know he was your big brother and you guys were close." Devynn's light blue eyes started to tear up so I wrapped my arms around her shoulder. "Don't cry Devynn! You know he's in a better place." I thought hell was a bad place. Oh jeez I'm terrible.  Oh my God.. just stop.

"I know but I can't believe he could leave us with out saying goodbye!" She covered her face with her hands. Drew walked up and kneeled down next to her. He removes her glasses from her face and wipes the tears from her eyes. I look at Cass and I can tell she feels horrible. A few moments later someone came skipping through the door. It was Breanna!  "Sup bitches."

"What are you doing here?" asked Drew.

"I wanted to talk to Christina so I stopped by."

"Well at least we're all here."

"Yeah."

        The five of us started talking and it reminded me of the old times. They explained how they are so proud of me and what I have accomplished throughout my music career. Drew brought up the time when Luke made this fancy dinner for the time I stopped by after work but ten minutes before I showed up their dog Charlie ate it. Then Devynn mentioned that when Luke cheated first on me she dragged the girl out of his room, up the stairs then threw her outside just to beat her up; that made Breanna bring up a story that she ended up keying the girls car. For some reason it felt like old times; sitting down and telling stories like this.