Chapter 6

Chapter 6: Bad ass? More like Bad Cass!

(It actually gets intense in my opinion.)

    As we pull up in Luke's driveway Cass says, "Why are we even here?"

  "I have to tell him to stop being a creep and stop texting and calling me." She nods her head since she knows he has been creeping for the past six years.  We went on the porch and rang the doorbell. He took a while for him to answer but when he did I wished he didn't. He reeked of alcohol. He could barely stand still.

      "Oh God, he's drunk!" Cass said.

  "I'll be back tomorrow when you're sober." I turn around to leave but he grabbed my arm. "Luke, let go." I tug but his grip is too tight. Cass looked confused as to why he was grabbing my arm, I knew as much as she did. "Cass, go to the car; I'll be there in a few moments." I told her. She didn't want to go but she did anyways. "Okay, Luke; let go." He pulled me inside and closes the door.

    "But you wanted to talk!"

   "Not when you're intoxicated."

    "You know you love me either way!" He leaned in to kiss me; I moved away.

     "No. I don't." after I said that he gave me a look of anger.

     "Yeah you do."

   "No. I don't,  I love Bobby. You and I broke up five years ago! You cheated on me with three different girls."

       "Bobby huh?"

  "Yes. Bobby."

   "Think of You was about me though."

   "No. Tell My Mama was. It was back when we dated in school. Nothing of the present." His face turned red; I'm pretty sure he wasn't blushing.

    "Then who was Think of You about then?"

  "Bobby."

    "I'm going to kill him."  He walks around as if he were looking for something.

   "Don't over react. It's just a song."

   "Oh, you think I'm joking? I'm serious. I'm going to end him. I will slit is kneecaps." He opens a drawer and pulls out a gun.

    "Luke, put the gun down."

"Sorry Christina; it wasn't supposed to be like this." He points his gun at me. Oh fuck no.

   "Luke, we can sort this out!" I back up slowly; taking my phone out.

"Don't you DARE, call the cops."

   "If not me Cass." Cass! I press the number two for her speed dial number. When I hear her say "Hello?" I put the phone on the ground.

     "Luke, shooting me won't do anything."

  "I'm sorry." He cocks the gun.

   "Just put it down," He looks at me puzzled, and moves closer; cornering me. "Luke.. it's not going to do anything." As he moves even closer I see Cass slowly open the door and walk in. She holds her finger to her lips telling me to be quiet. I look at Luke, his eyes filled with anger. He stares into my eyes as he places the gun to my head. I start crying, "Luke, we can fix this!  Please!  Don't do it!" I looked around the room; Cass disappeared. I started crying harder.

   "There's nothing to fix. You love someone else."

    "When did you love me? You cheated on me."

    "Baby, there are so many flowers in my garden," Was this supposed to make me love him? "I treat you the best, my little daisy."

   "Did you just call me a flower?"

    "If only I could fertiliz-" Cass whacked him in the head with a baseball bat.

  "Strike three, you're out! Sick bastard." She said as she grabbed my arm.

  "Let's get out of here." I rushed after I picked up his gun and ran out the door to my car. "I FORGOT MY PHONE!" I yelled. Cass ran in and go it while I started the car. She came out running fast; really fast.

   "OPEN MY DOOR!" I open the door; and see Luke wobbling out the front door.

  "Tell Bobby boy to watch out!" He yelled. Cass handed me my phone and I called Bobby as I drove off.

   "Hello?" said Bobby.

  "Where are you?" I asked panicking.

"Just stopped at my house for something; what's wrong?"

"Stay there, I'm coming to get you!"

"Christina? What's wrong?" His voice cracked.

  "Bobby, please stay in your house in the basement. I'll be there in ten minutes."

  "Answer me. You're scaring me!"

"BITCH I'LL TELL YOU WHEN WE GET THERE!" yelled Cass as she hung up the phone.  Around eight minutes later I look in my rear view mirror and see Luke. I swerve around the corner;  speed down the street,  and pull into Bobby's driveway. Cass and I run inside and locked the door and ran to the basement to where Bobby was pacing back and forth. He runs up to me and holds me tight. Cass stays by the stairs just in case.

  "What's going on?" he asked.

    "Luke is trying to kill us!"

"What!?"

    "I would be dead already if it wasn't for Cass. "

"What do you mean,  already? "

  "Oh yeah, he almost shot me, we have to hide somewhere!"

   "He what?" He went upstairs by the front door.

"Bobby!" I yelled. Luke bust in the front door and headed straight for the basement; not even noticing Bobby. Luke looked as if he wasn't even drunk anymore but I know he was still pissed.

"Bobby boy! Where are you? She loves me! " He yelled as he came down the stairs.

"Luke. Don't do anything you're going to regret!" I said.

"I won't regret killing him." He walked complete straight to me. He grabbed my throat; then pinned me on the wall. I could tell by his eyes he wasn't drunk anymore. I closed my eyes, hoping he won't hurt me any more.

"Bobby.." I barely could get the words out of my mouth. I can't breathe, I'm loosing feeling in my legs.