Chapter 2

Kelley's POV:

It was a warm bright Thursday, the day we go the doctors to start IVF, to say I was not worried was a understatement, I tried hiding it from Alex but it never worked. Alex was just as worried and nervous as I was but we both knew everything would be ok.

*Alex walks into living room*
"Hey Kel you ready to go?" Alex says as she's getting her purse and shoes on, I was interrupted in my thoughts and say "oh uh yea, let's go before we are late." Alex looked at me suspiciously but just walks out the door to the car.

At the appointment

*doctor walks in*
"Hello you two, it's wonderful to see you again, how's the uswnt doing and the NWSL?" Says Dr.Freeman, Alex looks up from her phone and says "it's going well, we are actually on break from the uswnt and the NWSL is done for the season, so that's why we are here" then I decide to chip in "yea, the World Cup and olympics are not for a while and we have a good enough break from the NWSL so we decided now is a good to try for a baby" Dr.Freeman nods his head while looks at his notes and says "well it's good you both came now, before we start is it you Alex carrying the baby?" Alex smiles and me and says "yes, we both discussed it and decided it would be me, so that Kelley can keep playing after the break"

"Well first I want to do some tests to see if you can carry, and if you can then we can proceed, first I need to do some blood work" says Dr.Freeman "that's fine" says Alex and then holds Kelley's hand them gives her a smile.

One hour later

Alex's POV:
*knock knock*

Dr.Freeman walks in and says "We'll Alex we have good news, you can carry the baby" "really?!"says Alex in a joyful tone of voice, "can you believe it Kelley!" I go up to Kelley and kiss her, "we finally can have our family" Dr.Freeman then says "well if you are both ready to begin this process we can start now" with a smile, I give Kelley a quick glance while smiling and she nodes "yes, let's get this started"

After IVF treatment

"Well Alex congrats, now we just wait and see if the embryos stay in the uterus, I'll see you both back in a few weeks for a follow up, congrats again you too, you guys will be great parents" says Dr.Freeman in a energetic tone of voice, "thank you again Dr.Freeman", "no problem you two, see you in a few weeks."

Back home

Kelley's POV:

"Alex make sure you lay down in bed like the doctor said" as I walk into the house, "that's actually what I'm going to do, I'm just really tired, can you get me some extra pillows and some water?" Says Alex as she walks into their bedroom, "anything for you babe, do you need anything else?" I say "just close the blinds for me and turn the light off, thank you" says a sleepy Alex

I head back into the living room and call the one person I wouldn't think of calling

Carli: Kelley? Why are you calling me? You never call me?

Kelley: I know, I just need someone to talk to, I'm really worried I'm not doing enough to help Alex through all of this, I don't want to be a bad parent.

Carli: woah woah woah, Kelley I know you sometimes act like a crazy 5 year old but you will be a good parent, I never want to hear from you that you don't think you will be fit enough to be a good parent, all parents are not perfect, you will learn from your mistakes, never think you will be good enough because you will. If Alex didn't think you we're going to be a good parent when you fish first starter dating her and Tobin would have been together, but they are not, she chose you because you are perfect, you understand stand Kelley? Your kids will love you.