Eye for an Eye and the World Goes Blind

Start from the beginning

I nodded and ran out of the building. The androids watched me curiously, like they are waiting for a voice to follow. Be pacifist or violent.

I took out the graffiti gun and ran to the statue in the middle of the square. I graffitied android indicators all over the man in the statue. The other androids followed us, getting other androids in store fronts and taking the pacifist route.

Markus smiled up at me and gave me a thumbs up. He and North began scaling the largest building in the square. Once they reached the top, they stabbed two objects into the building. Confusion washed over my face until our symbol shown down across the face of the building. A fist sticking up in a triangle, pretty great logo if you ask me.

They climbed down and headed towards me in the center of the square. The androids we freed were taking it upon themselves to graffiti out logo on whatever they could.

Pride filled me, I'm fighting for my cause. North pulled out a Molotov and held it out to Markus, "Violence is the only language humans understand."

Now I understand what Markus meant earlier, no matter how good things are, she wants to be violent. 

Markus kept a hard stare into North's eyes, "And I want them to understand...but I do not want to start a war."

"They won't listen if they're not afraid!" North raised her voice and Markus furrowed his brows, his voice cold, "Then they won't have a choice."

He turned away from her and proceeded to walk away.  Markus stopped in the road and stared off at the end where I moved the construction sign.  "Markus, What's wrong?" North stepped forward. 

Markus blinked and looked at North and  shook his head. North gasped and stepped back,"They're coming!"

Police cars could be heard getting closer by the second.  Markus's voice filled my head, "Fallback to Jericho!" He can talk to us with his mind, that's actually really cool. Androids took off down the road, scattering as the police got closer.

Markus stared at the drones that flew in over head,  North took off running with the androids but I stood with Markus.  Police officers yelled from where the androids ran too, then gunshots were heard. 

Markus gasped and turned around, "North!" We took off running down the street and turned down the road they all ran too.  North sat on the ground next to the body of two androids, bullet holes in their in their torsos.  Other bodies scattered the road, the rest of the androids were huddled around something at the other end of the road.  "North! Are you alright? What happened?" Markus's voice was panicked. 

We reached North, tears were in her eyes, "They killed them..they slaughtered them like animals." I placed my hand on her shoulder, she gave me a confused look,"We may have our differences, but I will never let you hurt alone." More tears fell from her eyes as she looked away.  Markus's brows furrowed, "Who did this?"

North went quiet, closing herself off from us.  Markus noticed the androids crowding around something.  We stood to our feet and walked over to them, I placed my hand on Markus's arm.  We both need comfort right now. 

The crowd was angry about their fallen brothers and sisters, "They killed our people, Markus.  We want justice!" Their words blended together.  Two cops were on their knees with their hands behind their head. One android stepped towards him, handing him a gun, who I assume was the officers. 

Markus clasped the gun in his hand, and stared at the deadly weapon.  One of the officers sobbed and pleaded, "You don't have to do this....no....please..." I know him.....that's Chris, Reed's partner. His words breaking apart with sobs, when his eyes met mine, my metal heart sunk.  Still, he didn't say anything.  Markus pointed the gun at the men, "Markus...." I didn't even mean to speak, though my voice only a whisper, I saw his facade falter.