Eye for an Eye and the World Goes Blind

Start from the beginning

When North didn't speak, I sighed and turned away, "Yeah, well, we can get on with the mission. There's more time to talk later." North places her hand on my shoulder and paused, finally giving me a small sad smile.

She walked away to where Markus was searching. I let out a sharp breath, and looked around for the power line that connects to the store.

I noticed androids working on the power lines that were embedded in the ground. "Markus, over here!" Markus and North trotted over, Markus turned towards me.

" I'll convert the androids, you override the security line." I nodded and hopped into the hole. After hacking the system, I climbed out of the hole and saw Markus grabbed the androids shoulders, "You're free now."

I didn't know you could do it so easily, trying to override Connor's program was difficult and not even effective.

I shook my head, clearing the thoughts that filled my brain. My eyes darted to the fence holding the truck we need to break into the store. I pulled at the gate, locked.

We all took a step back and proceeded to hop the tall fence. Markus walked to the truck and opened the door. I grabbed bolt cutters from the corner, but I noticed North going for them as well. Markus's words from earlier reminded me to try and be friends with her. I gave a small smile and handed her the bolt cutters.

She gave a small smile back and ran to Markus, "What would you do without me?" He cut the lock and ran back to the truck.

Me and North pushed open the large gate and let Markus drive out and position himself to face the store front. I hopped into the passenger seat and North stood back and watched us.

Markus accelerated, a yell emitting from his throat, his brows furrowed. The glass doors shattered, the windshield cracking every which way. Once we stopped in the store front, we looked at eachother. We were both breathing heavily, a smile growing on our faces.

We stepped out of the truck, North running into the store.

Awake the androids.

We all went our separate ways, converting the androids that stood on display. "You don't need to obey them. You're free now."

It's strange seeing androids that look like the people you know, but aren't them. All of the androids stood around the store, looking around.

Markus walked to the center of the room and stepped on top of the counter, the androids turning to face him. From here, he really seemed like a leader.

"My name is Markus...And just like you I was a slave...An object...designed to obey them. But then I chose to open my eyes, to take back my freedom and decide who I wanted to be. Now I have come to tell you that you can be your own masters. I've come to tell you that you don't have to obey them anymore. From this day forward, you can walk with your heads held high, you can take your destiny in your hands. Jericho is a place for those like us who want freedom. Now sure, you can stay here and continue to serve them..Or you can come with us and fight by our side."

I stood amazed, Markus is truly the leader this revolution needs. He's definitely earned my respect. Cheers and shouts filled the building. "THEN FOLLOW ME!"

As we stepped out of the destroyed store front, North stepped forward, "Markus what are you doing?" Markus spoke up once again, "I'm gonna send the humans a message."

A smile grew on my face, Markus turned to me and handed me a white, gun looking object. This lets me leave digital graffiti around the place. No real damage.