Chapter 38- Greyson POV- The Visitor

I laid in my bedroom, anxiously awaiting my visitor. I had only had visits from my parents so far, so I was nervous to see a friend. When my parents visited me, they had told me everything. Maggie was doing okay, but she was still afraid of me, but rightfully so. Peyton was still in governmental custody, but she was going to be let out soon. I was still getting over her, I knew the love I had for Peyton would never really go away. They also had told me about my birth parents. It was my mom's sister who we never talked to. They were going to put me in an orphanage, but my parents decided to take me, even though they did not plan on having kids for a while yet, which was why Maggie was so much younger than me. But, they were happy they took me, and could not be more pleased with the life they had.

 I heard a knock at my door and then it opened. 

"Greyson, your visitor is here," the nurse said. I nodded and got up to follow the woman to the visiting room. As we entered, I saw Josh sitting on a couch, awaiting me. I walked up to him and he looked into my eyes. He said nothing and hugged me. 

"I'm happy you're okay," he said as we retrieved.

"Me too, I am feeling much better than before," I expressed.

"I'm happy to hear it, we all miss you at practice," Josh said with a smile.

"I miss you guys too, and I miss football. But the doctors here say I should continue to play. It is a good and healthy way to channel my anger," I replied. He nodded.

"Listen, I have something very important to talk to you about. It's going to sound crazy, but you have to know," Josh let out.

"Alright, shoot," I said.

"So, you know how I had a little sister who was kidnapped when she was one?" Josh asked. I nodded. I knew he did not tell many people about that and he hated to talk about it. "We found her."

"Oh my gosh, that is amazing!" I exclaimed.

"Let me finish. It's Peyton," he blurted out.

"What do you mean it's Peyton? Peyton has parents," I said. How could Peyton be Josh's sister? It did not make sense.

"The people Peyton was living with kidnapped her as a child, they needed a girl for the gene edit they wanted to try. So they gave up their son and took her to Iceland," Josh explained. I was speechless. She was kidnapped?

"Are you actually serious?" I asked.

"Yes, Greyson. They gave up their son to kidnap Peyton," Josh repeated. Then I put it together. I was not their biological child.

"Who is the son?" I asked in a monotone voice.

"I don't know, my parents did not tell me," Josh admitted.

"I think it's me, Josh," I admitted.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"I was adopted when I was younger. My parents are technically my aunt and uncle, but they took me in when my parents did not want me. We never talk to my birth parents," I explained. I just had this gut feeling that my parents were Mrs. and Mr. Emerson. 

"Maybe it is you," Josh said softly.

"I know. I can't believe it, what are the chances? I mean, they saw each other at homecoming pictures," I said.

"Maybe you aren't, I mean we don't know for sure. I can do some poking around and try to find out, okay?" Josh offered.

"I would really appreciate it, thanks Josh," I said.

"No problem," he replied. He looked down, I could tell something was bothering him. And then I remembered everything with Meredith.

"How is Meredith?" I asked. He took a deep breath.

"She's okay I guess. I mean, she said the foster family she is with is okay, but she misses our school. I don't really get to see her. I guess she could be your sister, Grey," he offered.

"I know, I'm sorry, Josh. I know you really liked her," I said.

"Yeah, well it clearly won't work anymore. Your lucky to still have Peyton, even though she is going through all this," Josh said. He didn't know.

"Peyton broke up with me. She sent a letter to me from where she was, which initiated some of the bad things I did," I explained.

"Wait, for real? I always thought of you two as the couple that would be together forever, I can't believe she broke up with you," Josh pleaded.

"I know, truthfully I was heartbroken," I admitted.

"I'm sure, I mean you were head over heels for her," he said. I nodded. Then I heard the door open, and a nurse walked in.

"Time is up Greyson, say your goodbyes," the nurse instructed. I nodded.

"Thanks for coming man, it means a lot," I told him.

"Of course. I'll do all I can to find out more about your parents okay? I'll talk to Peyton to," he said.

"Don't worry about Peyton, what's done is done and if we get back together, I want to be the one to take initiative. And for my parents, thank you," I expressed.

"Of course, I'll see you soon, only a few more days!" he said. I nodded with half a smile and followed the nurse out of the room. Everything that had happened was crazy. But the way Josh had talked to me about Peyton reminded me how much I cared about her. And how much I still loved her.