Chapter 32- Greyson POV- Punishment

I awoke to the screaming of my alarm clock on Monday morning. I was being punished for everything that had happened. I groggily rolled over to look at my clock. 4:30 am. I groaned. My parents were making me wake up this early every morning for the next two weeks to do extra chores. I walked down the stairs, and it was still dark outside. I reached for a banana, peeled it, and began chomping on the fruit hungrily. I looked down at the list my mom had made me.

Good Morning Greyson. This morning, I need you to mow the lawn and weed the garden. I have to leave early for work and your dad had the night shift and won't be getting back until 8 this morning, but Maggie needs to be at school early for a field trip, so you are in charge of getting her to school this morning. She needs to be at school no later than 7 am. Work hard my darling- Mom.

I moaned at the grueling list I had been given. I pulled a sweatshirt over my head and clomped outside, starting up the lawn mower. I began to push it around the grass, careful not to miss any spots, knowing my mom would be checking. My mind raced to Peyton. I worried about her and her parents. I rubbed my eyes, I was exhausted.

After I finished, I weeded the garden to perfection, again knowing my mom would be triple checking to make sure it was up to her high standards. I checked my watch for the time. 6:00 am. I did not have a ton of time, but as soon as I took a whiff of myself, I knew a shower was essential. I clomped up the stairs and hopped in the shower, quickly washing up, desperate to move as fast as possible. I tousled my hair with a towel and threw in some gel to make myself look somewhat presentable. I through on some black jeans and a grey Adidas sweatshirt with some slides. I knew the day at school was going to be rough. I would be getting asked a million questions about what happened with P at the dance and I would have to face school without my girl. My phone had been taken away, but I knew it had to of been blowing up when my mom asked me how to turn it on silent. 

I grabbed my backpack and keys and clobbered down the stairs. I checked the clock for the time, 6:20 am.

"Good morning Grey," my mom said cheerfully. I barely grunted a hello in response. Maggie was sitting at the table, eating cereal. Her hair was in two french braids and she was wearing my football jersey from freshman year with some leggings.

"What the heck are you wearing Maggie? That's my jersey!" I scolded angrily.

"Greyson, relax, she was going to surprise," my mom started to say, but I cut her off.

"You need to ask before you take my stuff! Go change!" I yelled at her. Maggie started to cry and ran up the stairs.

"Greyson Kole! What was that? For the field trip she is going on, they are going to the high school to learn about jobs they can have when they get older. They were supposed to dress up like their role model or someone they want to be like when they get older. And she chose you Greyson! She wanted to surprise you this morning! And you, like an idiot may I add, flipped out on her!" my mom spat. Crap. That was dumb of me. I rubbed my head.

"I'm sorry," I started to say.

"Don't tell me. Go talk to her. Greyson, you know I am still extremely disappointed about everything that went down this weekend, so you are just making it worse for yourself mister!" she shouted. 

"I know," I said back softly. I walked up the stairs, ignoring the time. I grabbed my jersey from this year and then knocked on her door.

"Maggie?" I called.

"Go away Greyson!" Maggie said back, I could tell she was still crying. I gently opened the door. She had taken off my jersey and was now just wearing a white tank top. "Grey, I said go away." I lifted her up and put her on my lap. She started kicking.