Chapter 24- Greyson POV- Homecoming

The next morning, I woke up, excited for the day. It was homecoming! I was super pumped, especially to be going with the girl of my dreams. I was happy we did not have to worry about Matt anymore, but I had not told Peyton what I had done yet. I did not want to freak her out or anything. But I would, probably after the dance. I clomped down the stairs, and Maggie was sitting at the counter, eating Cheerios. My Mom was doing dishes. Even though it was Saturday, my dad was on call. He was a police officer, which did scare me because of what was going on with Peyton. I mean, I did not want my dad being the one to arrest Peyton's parents. 

"Greyson! It's homecoming day! Yay!" Maggie exclaimed. Ever since the studying date, Maggie had met Peyton a few times after, and they got along great. Maggie just loved Peyton, and I could tell Peyton really cared about Maggie.

"I know, it's exciting!" I replied. I kissed her head and pulled a box of cereal from the cabinet and poured myself a bowl.

"Greyson, did you pick up Peyton's corsage?" my mom asked. She had gotten along really well with Peyton as well, and she was determined to make sure I was the "perfect" boyfriend.

"No, I will today," I replied, shoveling the cereal into my mouth.

"Greyson, come on. You have to get ready! I will do it," my mom said, annoyed.

"Mom, it is not going to take me long to get ready, I can do it," I replied.

"No, Greyson. It is your first homecoming with a girl I actually like and I can tell you really like, so it needs to be perfect. I will pick it up, clear?" my mom asked. She got so crazy about this kind of stuff, and I knew my best bet was to just go with it.

"Got it Mom, sounds good," I replied back. I saw Maggie giggle. 

"You got your clothes right?" my mom confirmed.

"Yes, Sawyer and I went, and my clothes match the girls' dresses, okay?" I said to try and put her at ease.

"Have you seen her dress?" my mom asked. So many questions.

"No Mom, just the color. She wanted it to be a surprise," I replied. 

"Okay, hopefully, it's pretty," she said.

"It will be," I replied. I went over to give her a hug. She clearly was going a little crazy, and I could tell she needed it right now. I hugged her, and her head was by my shoulder; she was so tiny. Even Peyton was taller than her.

"I'm sorry Honey, I just want you to have fun, okay," she said.

"I know," I told her.

"Okay, I'm gonna go, Grey, you're in charge okay?" she said. I nodded. She rushed out of the house.

"Mom's going crazy," Maggie said, then burst out laughing. I couldn't help but laugh as well. I took my last couple bites of cereal and threw my dishes in the dishwasher. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. It was Peyton.

Homecoming day! Can't wait! She was so cute.

Me either! I texted back. We were going to a park to take pictures at 4, dinner at 5:30, and dance at 7:30. I was pumped, it was going to be the best homecoming yet. And on top of everything else, I was planning on telling Peyton how I really felt about her. How much I loved her.