Chapter 10- Greyson POV- The Test

Thursday had come, and I finally was feeling good about Calc. Thank God for Peyton, because I would understand absolutely nothing if it wasn't for her. I walked to Mr. Karson's room, which I knew was Peyton's first-hour class and waited for her to come out. She walked out with a bunch of girls, who I knew were all dating my friends. Peyton walked up to me.

"Hey Grey, ready for the quiz?" she asked me.

"I hope so," I replied.

"You'll do great, let's go," she said. It was easy for her to say. She was so smart, and I wished I was that way. I reached for her hand and she put her hand in mine.

We walked into the classroom, and Mr. Mason was erasing the whiteboard. We sat down and Josh came up to us.

"Ready for the quiz, cuz I'm pretty sure I'm gonna flunk this one," he said.

"You'll be fine dude, just chill," I lied, knowing he had no idea what he was doing. The bell rang and Mr. Manson did not say a word. He began slapping quizzes down on our tables. After he gave the last quiz to somebody, he began to speak.

"Change in plans, this is your test. This is in the 70% category of your grade, so make it count. You have the class period." Everyone gasped, the test was today? Mr. Mason sat at his desk, working on something on his computer. I looked at Peyton with fear. She gave me a toothless smile and grabbed my hand. I took a deep breath and looked down at my test. The problems were tough, but I at least knew what I was doing. I worked through the problems slowly. Peyton got up to turn in her test when I was at the halfway point of mine. After a few minutes, Mr. Mason announced her score.

"Peyton Emerson, 100%," he said, sounding shocked. Nothing new.

As soon as I finished checking my answers, I went up to turn in my test. There were a few people who had before me, but others will still working. The test was six pages, but I was happy it was over.

"Josh Simone, 67%," he announced. Josh groaned.

"Kelly Allan, 68%," Mr. Mason said. I put my hand in Peyton's as I anxiously awaited my score.

"Greyson Kole," Mr. Mason started to say. I squeezed Peyton's hand. "82%." An 82? I was so happy! Peyton smiled at me and I couldn't believe it. I was so happy, especially since this was going into the test part of my grade.

After the last person turning in their test, Mr. Mason stood up.

"Our average was a 65%, not too bad for this class. The rest of the class is yours. Tomorrow there will be an AP practice test that will not go in as a grade," Mr. Mason announced.

"Awesome job Grey, you have to be so excited!" Peyton exclaimed.

"I am, thanks to P. I would not have been able to do it without you," I told her. She blushed. Josh walked over to us, and I could tell how he was pissed about his grade.

"Grey, how in the world did you get an 82?" he asked.

"Peyton tutored me, she's really smart," I explained.

"I'm not that smart," Peyton contradicted. Josh and I rolled our eyes.

"Peyton, you have gotten 100's on both assessments so far, that doesn't happen," Josh explained.

"I think Mr. Mason is pissed you are doing so well," I said jokingly. Peyton did not laugh and just walked away.

"What did we say?" Josh whispered to me.

"I'll talk to her," I replied. I walked over to Peyton, who was standing by the door.

"You okay? I didn't mean to offend you when I said that, it was actually a compliment," I told her.

"I just do not want to be seen as the nerdy kid, okay? Just, let's keep my grades between us, okay?" she said. I didn't really understand why seeing how pretty she was and the group she hung out with. But, I knew the right choice would be to respect her request.

"No problem," I replied.