Chapter 2- Peyton POV- Arrival

Chapter 2C- Arrival

"Peyton, wake up!" Meredith exclaimed as she shook my shoulder with great force.

"What is it?" I whispered as I rubbed my eyes.

"We are landing!" she exclaimed. I felt the harsh bump of the wheels as they landed on American soil. I reached for my suitcase from the glove compartment. Our family strolled out of the airport and reached our car, which had been transported here from back home. I breathed in the fresh air and stretched my legs. We drove through city after city, town after town. I had never seen so many buildings and people. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad.

We finally reached our house after a couple hours. It was large and was white. I was a beautiful home, but it wasn't quite as nice as ours was back in Iceland. The moving men started bringing boxes into our house right away.

"Girls, your father and I have to get down to the lab right away, start unpacking your rooms please," my mother said.

"You can pick which rooms you want, okay my loves?" my father explained. Meredith and I nodded. My father gave me a kiss on the cheek and scampered out the door with my mother. I shook my head in disappointment.

"It's okay hon," Meredith coaxed, rubbing my back.

"We used to always go to work with them," I complained.

"I know, but we have school tomorrow. Everything will be fine." We went up the stairs and I found a beautiful bedroom. The walls were a light blue. The movers pulled my bed in there. I placed in clothes on hangers and made the room a true representation of myself. I hooked up my computer instantly and I had finished unpacking in a record time. I collapsed onto my bed, exhausted. I started school the next day. Another thing to be terrified for.

The next morning, I awoke to the screaming of my alarm clock. I couldn't believe it. I was finally going to a real school, which was nerve-wracking, but also exciting! I changed into a pair of jeans and a cute top, which I had bought especially for today. I borrowed Meredith's curling iron and curled my hair. I raced down the stairs and reached for a granola bar. Surprisingly, my mom was there.

"Hi Sweetie, thought I should be here for your first day!" Mom said sweetly.

"Thanks, Mom," I replied and began to chew on the granola bar.

"Look, remember, if anyone seems to suspect anything, just deny deny deny, and tell me or your dad right away! Remember also, you're from Kentucky, not Iceland! Meredith flew down the stairs.

"You ready to go, P?" she asked. She looked cute and her usually messy brown hair was in glamorous waves.

"Yup," I said. I reached for my backpack. Meredith grabbed the keys.

"Have a good day girls!" my mom called after us.

"Thanks!" Meredith and I called after her. As Meredith drove, I started to become nervous.

As we reached the school, it was massive. I started to bite my nails.

"Hey girl, it's gonna be fine, okay!?" Meredith said.

"I hope so," I said.

"I'll drop you off today," Meredith said. She pulled in front of the doors.

"Good luck," I said to her.

"Don't need it. And neither do you," she said with a smile. I wished I had Meredith's confidence, but I knew in my heart I didn't. I walked into the school. Students were everywhere and I knew today I was supposed to go to the office, which luckily was right next to me. I rushed inside.