Chapter 28- Greyson POV- Fight

Once I saw Peyton's body go limp, I flipped. Many SWAT men were on me, and I could not seem to get to Peyton. One of the officers lifted her and put her in the back of one of the trucks. 

"No!" I screeched. As the truck drove off, I stopped from fighting. I knew it was useless now. A policeman came up to me.

"Son, place your hands behind your back. You are under arrest for not pulling over when being followed by law enforcement. You have the right to remain silent," the cop said. What? Arrested? Peyton was right, but I did not regret what I had done. The cop slid handcuffs onto my wrists and led me into the back of one of the patrol cars. As it drove off, tears went down my cheeks. My beautiful Peyton was gone, found out about. And it was all my fault. I was going to kill Matt, I was so angry with him. And I was going to spread the word about him kissing Kailey for sure. That was if I got out of jail.

My mind raced back to Peyton. My perfect girl, taken, and I could not save her. The love of my life was gone and I sat, useless.

As we reached the station, the officer led me out of the car through confusing hallways, until we reached the booking room. I was photographed, fingerprinted, drug and alcohol tested, and asked a long list of very personal questions. I sat in a holding cell, awaiting an officer to come and get me. I heard the click of the door, but I did not bother looking up.

"Greyson?" a voice asked. I looked up and saw my dad, in uniform. Without hesitation, I ran up and hugged him. He held me tight and I could not help but start to cry. I had tried not to, but I had felt so many emotions throughout the day that I needed to just let it out. As we released each other, he sat down next to me.

"I heard what happened," my dad said.

"Then you know I was arrested for trying to help her," I explained.

"Greyson, I understand you feel something special for Peyton, and I truly believe you two have the potential to love each other," my dad started to say. Well, that already happened. "But Greyson, you know you can never run from law enforcement. There is a reason they wanted to take her, and you trying to help her get away is not okay."

"Look, Dad, it was not her choice to be genetically altered. She did not do anything wrong, all I did was try and protect her," I explained.

"Wait, you know?" my dad exclaimed. Oops. Probably should not have said that. 

"I had to protect her Dad, I could not tell, I swore to her I would not tell anyone," I pleaded.

"Greyson that is ridiculous, she could be a threat to others!" my dad exploded.

"But," I tried to say.

"No excuses Greyson, this is ridiculous," he interrupted. He shook his head in disappointment and started to walk out of the room.

"Wait, Dad," I called out. He turned around.

"Whatever could it be?" he asked.

"Will I have to stay here?" I asked.

"For tonight, yeah, you make your case tomorrow. Let's hope you get lucky," my dad spat and stormed out of the room. Oh my god. I had done something that could affect my life in an awful way. Peyton was right, I should not have helped her. The love I had for her blinded me. It was useless anyway, especially considering they had gotten her. But now, I may have to serve jail time for my actions.