Line 50 - Bucky Barnes.

Line : "I never thought of you like that."

Bucky and you were close, very close. You hadn't known him for too long but you considered him your best friend out of the whole team, he was just so easy to talk to.

You and him both had this small agreement that whenever you were upset, or annoyed, or just needed comforting, it was fully acceptable to knock on the other persons door at night and sit with them for an hour or two to talk, at one point Bucky ended up on the bottom of your bed chatting with you until the sun came up.

This had been the case for a while. But suddenly it all stopped, Bucky stopped coming around to your room, and you felt you couldn't go around to his. He stopped chatting with you in the lounge or the kitchen and he stopped even acknowledging you in the hallway, something had happened and you didn't know what.

You really had never felt more confused, why did Bucky just start blanking you, what did you do? You tried to ask Steve about it but he wasn't helpful, just giving a shrug of the shoulders and saying thats just the way Bucky is. Which just didn't make sense?

It had been three weeks, three weeks since the last time Bucky was sitting on the end of your bed talking to you about life, and you had just gotten to the point of acceptance, that you and him were just not friends from now on. You had decided it was time to stop worrying, just get out of your room, and have some fun! So that's what you were doing. You had found yourself at the bar in the lounge with Clint and Sam, talking away and drinking, just laying back.

Time went by and drinks were downed, and soon you checked the clock to see it was two in the morning. Sam and Clint insisted it was time to retire off to bed, and you agreed, but you were to stop off one place first.

You knocked on the familiar door in the hall, holding onto the door frame to keep yourself up right. From inside the room you heard movements but it was not fast enough, so you knocked a little harder. "Bucky!" you slurred out loudly, your hand repeatedly slapping onto the door.

The door was quickly pulled open after that, and stood there was Bucky, one eye shut from the sudden light around him, standing shirtless with a pair of grey sweats on, and his hair messy and looking like it needed brushing. "Brush your hair." you snapped at him, leaning on the door frame.

"Y/N?" he spoke confused, "What are you doing?" he asked, looking you up and down with a slight frown. You rolled your eyes, "I'm here to yell. It's night time! I'm upset! And therefore I want to come to your room." you then gestured around you, "To summerise, here I am!"

He sighed, "Y/N it's late.. and you're drunk?" he guessed easily, "Let me take you back to your room."
"No," you whined, "Why do you hate me?"
"What?"
"I said why do you hate me, Bucky?" you pouted, feeling your eyes starting to tear up as you looked up at your used to be best friend with hurt eyes.

He looked down at you quickly, his eyes focused which confused you, his face was reading just as upset as you were. "Come in," he said softly, walking closer and putting one hand on your arm, the other on your back to guide you in inside.

You let him, a tear slipping down your cheek as he sat you down on his bed, remaining standing infront of you. Bucky sighed, "Y/N, I don't hate you.." he spoke with his head dropped to the ground, rubbing his face, "I really don't, just I-"
"You what?" you frowned, looking up at him hopelessly, watching as his hair fell perfectly infront of his face.

He hesitantly looked up at you, chewing his lip before nodding in acceptance that it was time to tell you. "I.. like you.. So much," he sighed, "You are so caring and nice to me and I just love spending time with you.. I told Steve that I was starting to like you and he said it wouldn't be smart to start anything because we already live together.. So I had to stop feeling that way.. and to do that I had to stop talking to you." he frowned, his face going slightly red from embarrassment.

You stared up at him shocked, eyebrows raised. Bucky liked you? You had never even thought of Bucky liking you, you were so comfortable around him it didn't pop into your head.

"You.. You like me?" you bit your lip.
"Yeah.. Yeah, I do.." he mumbled, shaking his head at himself. "I.. I never thought of you like that." you admitted softly, wiping the tears that had fell onto your face, rethinking of all the time you and him had spent together. And god, you were blind.

Bucky took you out of your thoughts after a while, "Well yeah.. so sorry for everything.." he muttered, rubbing his neck, "I know I probably fucked all thi-"
"I like you too."

Both of you froze, keeping eye contact as Bucky took in what you just said, "You like me too?" he asked, raising a brow as you nodded, "I don't know how I never thought of it before.. you're amazing, Buck, I'd be more than lucky with you.." you smiled slightly, which only made Bucky break into a smile, "You like me.." he grinned, tilting his head as you laughed and nodded, "I do." you confirmed.

Bucky stayed stood there for a moment before chuckling, "You're drunk. You need sleep, come on, I'll take you back to your room." he insisted, offering his hand. You went to take it before smiling softly, "Can I sleep in here?" you asked hesitantly. Bucky thought for a moment before shrugging with a chuckle, "Why not, but if you're sick in this bed, you're dead." he warned jokingly, helping you in under the covers.

He got in beside you and let you fall asleep quickly. And yes, you were sick all over his bed.