Line 34 - Pietro Maximoff

Line: "Why are you whispering?"

You stood in the centre of the conversation, laughing with Clint and Steve as the party around you thrived. "Steve, you can't just parent everyone around you!" you grinned, shaking your head, Steve rolling his eyes with a smile, "I don't parent anyone, if anything, Clint does." he gestured towards the other member of the conversation, who just laughed, "When have I ever-"
"You babied Y/N," Steve began to list instantly, making you chuckle, him continuing on, "And you baby Wanda, and you baby Pietro, they're like your secondary kids?" Steve laughed.

You smiled widely, nodding in agreement as Steve stopped briefly, looking away from the conversation, "Speaking of.. why is your third child staring over here?" Steve mumbled a little, turning your attention to Pietro who leaned on the side of the bar, his eyes glued onto you and the two men with interest. You rose a brow at him, but once you did, he quickly looked away.

"Weird.." you spoke more to yourself, shaking your head, and looking back to Clint, who was grinning.
"What?"
"Nothing." he smiled childishly. "No, what's with the smirk?" you laughed, crossing your arms as Clint hummed, shrugging, "I just get the feeling that a certain someone has a thing for you." he suggested. "What? Pietro? I've barely spoken two words to him!" you laughed at the ridiculous comment.

Steve shrugged, "Maybe he's too shy to talk to you? Ever thought of that?"
"Pietro Maximoff being too shy to talk to a girl? Yeah right." you rolled your eyes, "And with that, I'm off for another drink," you nodded a small goodbye to the two men, then walked off towards the bar, gesturing to the bartender for another beer, you sighed softly to yourself and let your arms lean on the bar counter, looking down at the floor to your feet as you waited for your next drink.

It had been a few minutes and you had gotten halfway down your beer, you looked across the bar to notice Clint standing there with Natasha, offering the two of them both a little smile, Clint returned it, but it slowly became a smirk as his eyes trailed just off you slightly, you watched this happen in confusion, but before you could follow up on it...

"Hi," you heard softly, making you lift your head, you looked up, and right next to you stood Pietro, looking down at you with a rather shy smile, his hair was flopped forward on his forehead, and his large hands fumbled with his glass in his hand as he started up the interaction between you two.

"Hi?" you responded, offering a small smile, "Y/N." you introduced,
"I know," he mumbled back, "I never got to fully greet you into the team.."
"I noticed, hurt my feelings," you joked with a laugh, making him smile and shake his head, "Sorry," he chuckled quietly, "I'm not the best with introductions."

You rose a brow at him, he seemed off, you had seen him speak to the team and to about a million girls, and he was never this hesitant? You didn't comment on his quietness though, however it was getting weird.

"Having fun?" he questioned quietly, keeping his head down low, it was slightly funny? "Yeah, yeah, great party," you held back a chuckle, "How about you?"
"Yeah it's good.. I-" Pietro went on to speak, but you swear to god, you couldn't even hear the man, you chuckled, shaking your head, "Pietro.." you interrupted with a smile, "Why are you whispering?" you chuckled, looking up at him awaiting the answer.

He started to go a little pink, looking up at you, "What?- Oh.. I'm whispering..?" he spoke normally, "Sorry- I.. I didn't realise that.." he blushed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I guess I'm just a little nervous.." he chuckled awkwardly.

You rose a brow, "Nervous? For what?" you hummed, watching as he fiddled with his shirt collar, "Well you know.. you aren't exactly ugly?" he trailed off, making you laugh, "Wow thanks?" you grinned, Pietros eyes widening, "No.. No.. I just meant.. well.. you're pretty.. cute?" he shrugged, giving a small smile.

You looked up at him, grinning, "You think I'm cute?" you asked with interest. Pietro thought you were cute? You were hardly going to complain about that, Pietro was after all probably the most attractive man you'd ever met, so to find out this gift from God found you cute just made your whole damn week.

He smiled, nodding silently. You just laughed, "You aren't too ugly either," you teased back at him, to which he just groaned playfully, "I didn't expect it to come out like that," he tried to defend himself, only making you laugh and point a finger at him, "Too bad! You said it so it's not being taken back, so I'm just staying insulted." you insisted, joking.

Pietro looked down at you with a cheery smile, now seeming much more confident, "Is there any way I can make you forget about it?" he rose a brow suggestingly, leaning on the counter beside you. You just looking up at him with an equally positive grin, "Afraid not." you shut him down.

He rolled his eyes, smiling, "Not even with a date?" he asked, tilting his head. You paused, he was asking you out?

"Hm.." you thought, looking around to see Clint watching with a shiteating grin, making you chuckle and look back to Pietro, "Deal." you smiled, nodding.

Pietros face lit up, "Really?" he asked, stepping back before laughing, "Great! That's great, okay, I'll uh.. I'll sort that out then." he grinned, nodding. "Sounds good," you smiled up at him.

You and Pietro had managed to talk for hours after that, and you had finally gotten to see the actual Pietro, flirty and funny, and loud, which was a plus. It ended up getting late and he insisted on going to bed, you said your goodnights and allowed him to go off to bed.

"So," you turned, hearing Clint speaking as he walked up to you with a smile, "I'm thinking a June wedding?"