dance with me? - steve

Steve Rogers.

(I wrote this while listening to 102 by the 1975 and i am crying it's such a sad song so sorry if i got distracted through this)

Wanda had done it, she managed to drag you out of your bed, you had to give her credit, it was further than everyone else had gotten since you and Steve's break up, "Tony is currently having an amazing party!" she insisted, throwing a dress at you, "Put this on!" she smiled, making you look done at it with a disgusted look, wanting to stay in your sweats.

Before you could even decline she pulled you to your desk, getting out your make up box, "Hey- Hey no!" you protested as she lifted your foundation, putting some on her hand, "Y/N, come on! Please? You will look great?" she smiled, making you raise a brow, shaking your head and standing up, "No, Wanda, No dress, no heels, no make up, no hair, you either get me downstairs like this or I go back to bed." you sighed, honestly just wanting to curl up.

It had been two months since you and Steve broke up, it wasn't really anyone's fault, he needed to look after Bucky and you just didn't get to see him as much as you wanted, so you broke up, promising still to be friends, however you hadn't seen him since apart from him getting a drink in the kitchen or training downstairs.

Wanda eventually gave up, returning downstairs in her beautiful black dress, you following in your sweats and a baggy shirt, naked faced and your hair tied up in a bumpy ponytail, you began to regret declining Wanda's help as she guided you both downstairs and to the bar, you chewed at your lip as Wanda gave you a beer, you went to speak, turning to look in her direction, but something caught your eye, you looked past Wanda, noticing that sat on the couch was a very well-dressed Bucky in black jeans and a leather jacket, with his arm around a very pretty girl, and on his other side, the very familiar face of Steve Rogers, sitting beside Bucky staring into space, covered in a gray shirt and sweats, a full beer in his hand.

"Y/N?" Wanda rose a brow, "Did you hear any of that?" She chuckled, you going red, "Oh uhm.. no sorry.." you continue looking over to Steve, soon he returned to reality and looked around, finding your eyes and you swore you saw a light pink on his cheeks before you quickly turned to look at her again, Wanda shrugged, "It was just I was considering going and talking to Vision?" she took a drink, looking over to Vision. You just chewed your lip, playing with the end of your shirt and stealing glancing at Steve. Wanda eventually caught on, raising a brow and looking over to the direction you were looking and groaning, "Y/N!" she sighed, "Bad idea, do not go over to him." she insisted, you looked to him, frowning slightly as you watched Bucky guide Steve to stand up, making him mingle, he sighed, ruffling his hair before dragging himself into the crowd of people.

Wanda smiled a little, "See? He is out talking to people? Do the same Y/N? Please? I'm gonna go talk to Vision." she nodded, walking in the opposite direction, soon out of sight. You groaned, with no plans to make friends you dropped yourself onto the couch, sighing and watching as others danced and laughed and enjoyed themselves, getting so distracted you almost didn't notice the body fall beside you on the couch. You looked over, seeing a tired looking Steve, he turns to look at you and suddenly you panic, you can't look away? he caught you staring? what do you do? God, you are over-reacting so much it's just a look.

While you mentally yell at yourself Steve gives you a sad smile, "Hi.." he said rather quietly, you could fell your cheeks heat up as you nodded to him, "Hi, Steve.." you smile softly back at him, he turned back for a moment, saying nothing and it was almost as if you felt everything you felt when you two broke up all over again, you shut your eyes for a moment, to calm yourself. You needed to leave, needed to get away from Steve, he made you feel too much, you put your beer down on the coffee counter and start to get up.

"Do you want to dance?" Steve blurted out, you looked to him, watching as he realised what he did, but he didn't take it back, his cheeks red as he waited on your answer, smiling sadly at you. You considered saying no, it was a bad idea, an awful one, but you couldn't. "Okay, yeah." you nodded, making Steve look surprised, "Wha- Really?" he asked, looking around and listening to the rather loud and sexual music, he chewed at his lip, "Uhm.. Okay.. Can we..-" he hesitated before slowly reaching for your hand and walking you to the dance floor, right through it to upstairs, you let him, a puzzled look on your face.

Steve guided you to his room, opening his door he stopped centre of the room, "Okay um.. Stay here.." he nodded, walking over to the corner of his room, going to the record player that you had actually bought him for your one year anniversary, he put one of the records on, a slow, soft song starting to play as he turned to you, wiping his now sweaty hands as he cleared his throat, "Can I- Can we dance?" he asked again, walking over to you as you nodded nervously.

Steve smiled faintly and slowly put a hand on your hip, another taking your hand as you put yours on his shoulder, slowly starting to move with the music, staying silent until Steve broke it, "You look beautiful by the way.." he mumbled, looking down at you, making you blush, "Steve, I look awfu-"

"Don't, just let me compliment you." He smiled softly, "Because you do look beautiful." he insisted, slowly spinning you.

You knew you were red, but you didn't care, you just wanted to stay with Steve as you felt his hand fidget a little on your back, "Y/N.." he said quietly, making you look up, "I.. I need to confess something." he sighed, frowning slightly you let him continue, "As corny as it sounds, letting you leave? Giving up so easily? My biggest mistake.. I miss you, you make me so happy? Heck, since the break up I haven't gotten out of sweats.." he groaned, making you smile faintly, gesturing to your own clothing, "Me neither." you grin.

Steve smiles before shaking his head, "Y/N, will you go out with me? Again? I want us to try again?" He blushed lightly, making you smile, instantly leaning up and kissing him happily, wrapping your arms around his neck as you felt him smile against your lips, hugging onto your waist as you kissed, your way of saying yes.