Chapter 20

Title: Booming Careers

----

Red Velvet were already preparing for their upcoming comeback on the first month of 2017. They have been all busy with all the preparations, practices and even on their diets, Joy was able to receive her phone back after the rumor has fully died down. But her restrictions in interacting with other idols were still in place. She wasn't even able to leave the dorm or anywhere without her members or her Manager. It was harder at first since she felt suffocated but managed to get used to it and Joy's personality slowly changed, she became more timid but acts all bubbly in front of her members and the camera. But her pretentious happiness wasn't convincing in Wendy's eyes, she knew her too well.

Joy and Wendy just came from watching a movie during their day off, they wore disguises so that they wouldn't recognized.

"You know you can always talk to us Sooyoung."Wendy spoke when they arrived home.

"I know unnie, just not now."Joy answered as she took off her shoes and went straight to her bedroom.

"Aigoo."Wendy sighed as she went to the kitchen and found Seulgi and Irene making dinner.

"So how was the movie?"Seulgi asked.

"It was fine, though I could still tell that Joy's not okay. It's been a few weeks since the event, it's been bothering me nonstop."Wendy frustratedly stated as she sat on the counter top.

Seulgi and Irene looked at each other completely agreeing with Wendy.

"Let's just give her some more time, our sweet and happy pill Joy will back."Irene stated as Wendy could only nod not really convinced.

....

In the living room Yeri was watching "Goblin" together with Joy. As much as Joy tries her hardest to forget Sungjae and continue her life without thinking of Sungjae, she couldn't stop herself from continuing in being his fan. Old habits die hard. The maknae could only smile while watching her unnie shyly laughing and focusing on the episode where in Sungjae was weirdly crying his hearts out when Gong Yoo left but eventually came back.

"Sungjae-oppa really is a good actor."Yeri comments casually making Joy unconsciously respond.

"Yeah, he might win an award too."Joy spoke making Yeri giggle.

Aigoo, unnie still cares.

Yeri thought, then a TV preview was shown from the show Law of the Jungle. Joy's eyes widen upon seeing Sungjae together with Peniel and other celebrities in the show, because of the hectic schedules and the rumors Joy forgot about his sudden involvement to the show.

"Eh? Sungjae went to the Jungle?"Wendy spoke when she and Seulgi went of the room, Irene followed afterwards.

"Ne, looks like they went to Africa or something."Yeri answered. The three older members then stared at a pokerfaced Joy.

"He's been featuring in a lot of shows lately."Irene comments making Joy sighed.

He's overworking again. Jeez why do he always work hard in promoting their group? It's not bad to rest once in awhile.

Joy thought completely annoyed that Sungjae was being all busy and she couldn't deny that Changsub seldom text her about their frustration with the male idol.

"He got more famous from the drama Goblin , a lot of opportunities might have opened for him."Joy spoke clearly surprising her members. Good thing Irene managed to signal them to respond casually and not make it obvious.