Chapter 29 - Zoe

"Alfie quickly" I yelled as I stared at the screen in front of me, "Come on, hurry I want you to see this". Alfie ran into the room holding his side and breathed heavily as he sat down on the double bed next to me. When he finally mangaed to speak he was panting after each word, "what's..*pant* wrong ...*pant* ...little ...*pant* ..one?" he said as his arm wrapped around me and he looked over at the screen.

For a moment he just stared his eyes unblinking until suddenly he looked up at me. "Really ?" he said softly looking down at my stomach, I nodded and smiled hoping he would be happy. "Yes Alfie im pregnant!" I whispered happily, I really didnt want the others to hear yet. At first Alfie smiled, then all of a sudden his face dropped and he looked at me questionly, "When did you go to the doctors to get this tested?".  'Not the question I thought he would ask but oh well' I said to myself shrugging, " a couple of days ago when me and Niomi went out to do some shopping, I told her that I had been feeling unusual the last couple of days and that I had been throwing up and she suggested we when to the doctors. I told the doctor my symtoms and he said that I might be pregnant and wanted me to test it by giving him a sample of pee, so I did and he said that I should lay off the drinks for a while just incase and that the test results would be back in about 4 days to a week"

Alfie smiled after I had finished my long winded explanation, before jumping on me, " I cant believe it, were having a child !" he shouted stroking my stomach. I shusshhhed and he gave me a questioning look, "I dont want everyone to know before Joe, Sophie, my mum, my dad, Louise and your family".  Aflie nodded in understanding and ran his fingers across his lips as if doing the my lips are sealed action, I giggled and thanked him.

"So do you want to ring your family whilst I ring mine?" I spoke softly to Alfie who looking down at my hips and smiled, "I cant believe our love has created something so beautiful" he said a tear appearing in his eye. "Yeah, I know what you mean, its strange, but it feels right" I spoke lovingly whilst rubbing my stomach. "come on then, I guess we have to break the news to our parents" Alfie said handing me my phone, I pressed the call button for my dad, it stared to ring and just felt so nervous I grabbed Alfies hand who responded and squeezed my hand to show he was nervous.

"Hello" my dads voice echoed down the phone and my throat suddenly went dry. "He...lll..o" I croaked down the phone, " Zoe, is that you?, what's wrong?" my dads voice was laced with worry. I needed to be strong and find my voice, I coughed and swallowed hard, "Yeah dad its me, and no nothings wrong I just have some news to tell you" I said trying to sound like I wasn't freaking out.

"Okay dad please sit down and please hold all questions to the end"  I said trying to be confident, this was it. "Okay sweetheart what is it ?" my dad whispered calmly down the phone.  I breathed deeply and dived straight in "...im pregnant!". At first I thought I had been cut off or he just hadn't heard me since the line was so quite and was just about to ask if he was still there when i was cut off by a very loud scream "Yes!!!!!, Im so proud of you Zoe, this is fantastic news, im glad you and Aflie are having a child together, pass me onto the guy now thats if you've told him yet". I grinned I was glad he was happy. "Here you go dad here's Alfie" I said passing the phone to Alfie.

Alfie stayed on my phone for a while so in the mean time I rang my mother who was extremely pleased and happy for both of us, I also talked to Alfies parents about the situation, they were incrediably supportive and happy that their child had found love.

Once Alfie got off the phone I proposed we spoke to Sophie and Joe on skype to present them with he news. We switched the laptop on and grabbed my phone, I typed out a text to Sophie saying that I needed to speak to her and Joe urgently, within minutes she had reponded asking if I wanted to go on skype. I had just texted back when a message from Sophie poped up on the screen. I clicked the text box and said that it would be better on video chat.

"WHAT UP??!!!!" Sophie and Joe said frantically at the same time, they both looked so worried. " Dont worry nothings wrong, I just need to tell you something, thats kinda important" I said softly looking at the camera.

I really hoped they would be happy for both of us.