Chapter 5 - Sophie

After I had given Joe his present and we had eaten, I showed him the games I had brought, the first game I showed him was the sonic game. I watched as his face lit up as I brought it out the bag, he looked up at me with the cutest smile. "you remembered ?" he wispered, clutching the game to his chest, "Of course, how could I forget watching and playing Sonic with my best friend" I said nudging him and blushing a bit, I looked down at the floor a bit embarrassed.

"Sophie?" Joe questioned me after a minute of silence, "yeah?..." I questioned back, glancing up, Joe mumbled something and when I asked what he'd said, he paused before saying "umm.... um.. you're my best friend too" he blushed looking up at me with his blue eyes.

I felt so special he had never called me his best friend only a good one, I felt so happy, I leaped up and hugged him, arms flying around his neck, I held him close, enjoying the moment. He began to stroke my hair, making me sigh heavily, I soon realised I was getting too close, I couldn't let him know I liked him, He was so far out of my league. 

I broke off the hug quickly, saying something about recording the video, he agreed, nodding quickly, I think he felt as awkward as I did.

He shoved the game into his xbox and set it up whilst I set up the lights and cameras, it didn't take too long and before we knew it, we were arguing and play fighting over the game. I loved being with Joe like this, I truely enjoyed his company.

Suddenly a cough came from the lounge door, I turned to see Zoe stood there in her new dress, she looked perfect, I knew it would suit her, Alfie would love it. I got up and walked over to Zoe, I wrapped her up in a giant hug, I then turned and whispered about the note and surprise I had set up for Joe when it came to his birthday. She nodded and smiled saying that she'd seen it, I smiled back and moved so Joe could say his goodbyes, whilst he did that I paused the game and video. Joe then turned to me and asked if I wanted to wave Zoe off, I gave him the duh face and linked Zoes arm, we walked on towards the car leaving Joe to carry Zoe's bag.

Joe complained the whole time whilst we were waving Zoe off, about having to carry the bag and how saying goodbye to Zoe was taking too long , when Zoe had drove up the road, we ran inside to make milkshakes and finish making mine and Joe's videos.

After playing sonic and the dance game I had beaten Joe by 3 points to 2, we sat down, exhausted and watched a Disney movie. The movie was the lion King, one of my favourite Disney movies ever.

Me and Joe were snuggled up each end of the sofa in a comfy blanket, singing 'I just cant wait to be king' when we each got a text from Alfie, saying that Zoe had reached his parents house safely and was now eating pizza. 'Typical Zoe' I thought, she adored pizza, I texted Alfie back, saying thanks for letting us know, and decided to put on some tea.

"Joe, what would you like for tea?" I asked him, he paused the tv and turned to look at me, "I dont know, the pizza that Zoe was having sounds good, do u wanna order one in?" he said with puppy dog eyes, "of course I want pizza" I said smiling back at him and went to grab the pizza menu from the kitchen.

In the end me and Joe decided to go for a meat lovers pizza, with garlic bread, which we split in half. When we had finished we sat close together, hugging on the sofa finishing the movie. The movie was almost finished when I fell asleep.

I awoke to a hand in my hair and was led in a guys lap, it took me a while to work out where I was and I finally remembered I was at Joes, I smiled looking up to see Joe sleeping peacefully, I moved to get a better look, because he looked so sweet asleep. However I must of disturbed him as he awoke only to look down at me and smile. He then leaned down and kissed me on the forehead.

Sparks flew through my body and I relaxed completely melting into him, only when he pulled back did I feel awkward, I sat up quickly, only missing hitting his head by millimeters, and darted upstairs to Zoe's room.