Chapter 10 - Sophie

• Dedicated to Lucy Hodges

I woke up in a very sunny room, the sun shone through the curtains, its rays scattering across the room, rebounding off things and causing mini rainbows everywhere, it was a fascinating sight. I turned over, not wanting to get up yet and leave the beautiful room, however I did not expect to see Joe sleeping so peacefully next to me, fully clothed (which was one good thing).

I led there trying to rememeber what had happened, I knew me and Joe had, had a fight, he then left as I watched from the window and arrived later, I knew this as I pretended to be asleep, because I didn't want to talk to him.

However when he ran out crying, I felt as if I should of said something, it wasn't his fault, It was mine, if only I had said about my feelings towards him, but I was scared. Saying that though I didn't hear him come back in.

I got up slowly, needing air, I chucked all my stuck in my bag and put it in Zoe's cupboard, I wrapped my dressing gown around me and went down stairs in my clothes from yesterday. I reached the bottom of the stairs to see pictures of me and Joe everywhere, there was even a hand made sign saying Sorry hanging above the fireplace. I smiled, he knew just how to get me, I loved being reminded of all the times we had together, I even started to tear up.

I opened the back door, whilst I was waiting for the water to boil so I could have a cup of coffee, I breathed a deep sigh, I wanted to scream, I was too afraid to tell Joe how I felt and it was eating me up inside. I breathed deeply listening to the birds and feeling the morning air blow over my face, by the time I reached to ten in my mind the kettle was boiled.

Just as I had made the cups of coffee for me and Joe I heard talking in the next room, he was talking to himself about me. "How could I treat her like that and expect..." he was just about the carry on his rant when I inturrupted. "Expect what Joe" I questioned coming into the living room. I handed him the mug and sat down.

I knew what was coming, he was going to say it was a mistake and we should remain friends, like every other guy had said. "Can you please forgive me" I heard Joe say, I breathed it really hurt, I blinked the tears away, laughed at myself I had been here 6 or 7 times and it still hurt, was I every going to find someone?

I looked up at Joe and his pupppy dog eyes, who ever could say no to him like this must not have been human. I nodded and said "of course". He smiled, hugged me quickly and sat down, we soon began talking about the photo's on the walls that he had stuck up last night, we laughed and moaned at the stories that we remembered of each other, by the time I had began to move upstairs it was almost 10:40 Am.

When I arrived downstairs, Joe announced that we were going shopping, now we both hated shopping so you could tell that this was going to end badly, he said he had recieved a text from Marcus saying that it was now spring and we hadn't gotten together properly since florida, it suggested that we should have a ball and that we were both invited to join the party, however formal wear had to be warn.

I grabbed Joe's car keys off the side and picked up both of our phone's whilst Joe grabbed the coats (just in case it rained, like it normal did in England) and shoved his shoes on.

I hopped in the passenger seat of Joe's car only to be poked by straw, he laughed as I picked the straw from the seat. I smiled and switched on the CD player, our custom made CD that we both had a copy of, was on and blasted a song that was meant for the summer weather.

I did my seatbelt up, undid the window and we where off singing our favourite songs out the window.