All Aboard the Princess Andromeda

Y/n's POV

Annabeth and Percy were stuck cleaning the dishes with the Harpies after we had a huge feast for lunch to celebrate Clarisse's victory. According to Tantalus, they had disrupted the race, so they needed to be punished. But after their punishment, I met up with them at the campfire where Percy told me that he had been having dreams about Grover. Apparently, he had found the Golden Fleece, the one thing that could cure Thalia's tree. The thing was, it was somewhere in the Sea of Monsters, and to go there, we needed to get permission from Tantalus, which definitely wouldn't happen. But we had to try.

"This isn't going to work," I mutter to Percy and Annabeth as the campfire ended. "Like, at all. Our plan is gonna go up in flames."

"We have to try. Sir," Percy interjected Tantalus' speech. "We have an idea to save the camp. The Golden Fleece. We know where it is. The Sea of Monsters."

"Nonsense," Tantalus commented. "We don't need saving. Besides, the Sea of Monsters? That's hardly an exact location. You wouldn't even know where to look." 

"Yes, I would," Percy opposed. "30, 31, 75, 12."

"Okayyyy," Tantalus emphasized. "Thanks for sharing those meaningless numbers with us.

"They're sailing coordinates," Percy clarified. "Latitude and longitude. Thirty degrees, thirty-one minutes north, seventy-five degrees, twelve minutes west." 

"He's right!" Annabeth confirmed. "The Grey Sisters gave us those coordinates on our way up here. That'd be somewhere in the Atlantic, off the coast of Florida. The Sea of Monsters. We need a quest!" 

"Wait just a minute," Tantalus interrupted, the campers were not having it.

"We need a quest! We need a quest!" the campers chanted.

"Fine!" Tantalus gave in. "I shall authorize a champion to undertake this perilous journey, to retrieve the Golden Fleece and bring it back to camp. Or die trying. I will allow our champion to consult the Oracle! And choose 2-3 companions for the journey. And I think the choice of champions is obvious. The champion should be one who has earned the camp's respect, who has proven resourceful in the chariot races and courageous in the defense of the camp. You shall lead this quest Clarisse!" 

"I accept the quest!" Clarisse beamed.

"Hold on," Percy intervened. "Grover is my friend. The dream came to me!" 

"Sit down!" an Ares camper yelled. "You had your chance last summer! You just wants to be in the spotlight again!" 

"The Oracle, my dear. Go on," Tantalus ordered Clarisse, who hurried off to the Big House. "What about you, Percy Jackson? No comments from our dishwasher? Good. And let me remind everyone - no one leaves this camp without my permission. Anyone who tries, well, if they survive the attempt, they will be expelled forever, but it won't come to that. The harpies will been forcing curfew from now on, and they are always hungry! Good night, my dear campers. Sleep well." 

That night, I snuggled up in the blankets on my bed. All I wanted to do was get a good night's sleep and forget about today's events. Just as I was nodding off, I heard Percy calling for help. Immediately, I shot out of bed, and Tyson did too.

"Percy in danger?" Tyson questioned.

"I'm not sure," I respond. "We should go find out." After slipping on some normal clothes, the two of us left the Poseidon cabin and headed straight for the beach. On the way there, we met up with Annabeth, who also heard Percy calling for help. We found him a dozen or so feet away from the waves with four yellow duffel bags, a flask, and a bottle of vitamins at his feet. "Percy! We heard you shouting for help. What's wrong?"