Gifts from the Gods

Y/n's POV

The Three Fates themselves took Luke's body. I had always been scared of the women. After all, they kept the future well guarded, and lives were lost because of it. I know that I would have been better off knowing that Nate would eventually betray me, or that I was going to be the one to help Luke end his life. They gathered up Luke's body, now wrapped in a white-and-green shroud, and began carrying it out of the throne room.

"Wait," Hermes interrupted. He was dressed in his white Greek robes, sandals, and helmet. Hermes unwrapped Luke's face and kissed his forehead, murmuring some words in Ancient Greek. A final blessing. "Farewell, son."

As the Fates carried Luke's body away, I thought about the Great Prophecy. The lines now made sense. A half blood of the eldest gods shall reach sixteen against all odds. That was Percy, who had just turned 16 this morning. The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap. The hero was Luke, and the cursed blade was the knife he'd given Annabeth long ago, cursed because Luke had broken his promise and betrayed his friends. A single choice shall end his days. Percy's choice to convince to me to give Luke the knife so that he was capable of setting things right. Olympus to preserve or raze. By sacrificing himself, he had saved Olympus. So while the prophecy was mainly about Percy, we all had a small part to play in it. Next to my brother, Annabeth's knees buckled, and Percy caught her, but by her bad arm.

"Oh, gods. Annabeth, I'm sorry," Percy apologized.

"It's all right," Annabeth assured him before she passed out in his arms.

"She needs help!" Percy yelled.

"I've got this," Apollo claimed and stepped forward. "God of medicine, at your service." He passed his hand over Annabeth's face and spoke an incantation. Immediately the bruises faded. Her cuts and scars disappeared. Her arm straightened, and she sighed in her sleep. Apollo grinned. "She'll be fine in a few minutes. Just enough time for me to compose a poem about our victory: 'Apollo and his friends save Olympus.' Good, eh?"

"I know I haven't exactly been the nicest to you, but could you maybe heal my stab wound? Your son Will would kill me if he found out I'd reopened it for the second time. And me being healed would take a lot off his plate," I add.

"Funny how you dislike me, but love my children," Apollo teased and waved his hand. Instantly, I could feel the wound on my stomach heal. A warmth spread through me, like I had just eaten a chunk of ambrosia, and suddenly I felt a hundred times better.

"Thank you, Apollo. And I think I've learned to appreciate all of the gods, no matter how much they may annoy me. I'm uh, I'm sorry about your children. Last year we lost Lee to the Battle of the Labyrinth, and now we've lost Michael. Both of them were very brave. They were heroes," I declare.

Apollo smiled. "Thanks, Y/n. Do me a favor, would you? Keep an eye on Will for me, would you? In a few years, he'll be fulfilling a big quest of his own, and I need his spirits up. After all that has happened, I fear he won't be able to move on by himself."

"I'll watch out for him," I promise.

The next few hours were a blur. The gods set about repairing the throne room, which went surprisingly fast with twelve super-powerful beings at work. Once the sky bridge was reformed, we greeted our friends who had survived. The Cyclopes had saved Thalia from the fallen statue. She was on crutches, but otherwise she was okay. Connor and Travis Stoll had made it through with only minor injuries. Mrs. O'Leary had dug Chiron out of the rubble and rushed him off to camp. Katie Gardner reported that she'd seen Rachel Elizabeth Dare run out of the Empire State Building at the end of the battle, but nobody knew where she'd gone. Nico came into Olympus to a hero's welcome, his father right behind him, despite the fact that Hades was only supposed to visit Olympus on winter solstice. Clarisse marched in, still shivering from her time in the ice block, and Ares' eyes lit up.