The Big House

Y/n's POV

I had never fainted before, but I sensed that it was my body's reaction to the shock I had felt when Percy had been claimed as a child of Poseidon. The whole time I had been at Camp Half Blood, I had prayed for a sibling, even though I knew the chances were near impossible. But now I had a brother. The kid who took on a Fury, defeated the Minotaur, and sprayed Clarisse and a few Ares kids with toilet water. So far, it looked like the only thing we had in common was that we could heal ourselves with water. When I woke up in the infirmary, Luke was sitting at the edge of my bed.

"What happened?" I ask groggily as I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes as sunlight poured into the room.

"You fainted. Very heroic of you," Luke joked.

"Well I didn't do it on purpose," I defend. "God, I feel like someone stuck a spoon inside my head and stirred my brain around. How long was I out?"

"Just for the night," Luke replied. "But it could have been a blessing in disguise. You needed the rest. I've seen you pushing yourself in the arena these past few days. You could use a break. Unfortunately, your break is over. Chiron wants you to help move Percy into the Poseidon cabin."

"Great. More responsibilities. Its not like I didn't have enough on my plate before," I mutter.

Luke frowned. "I thought this is what you wanted? You've practically been begging Poseidon to give you a sibling."

"No. You're right. It is. I just...." I trailed off. "Never mind."

"Lets get you out of bed," Luke urged and helped me stand. I was still a bit dizzy still, but after a few seconds, I could stand on my own. "Do you need me to walk you to your cabin?"

"Um, sure. I could use the company," I reveal. As the two of us walked towards the Poseidon cabin, I noticed that the sky was a dark black. A big storm was brewing overhead. Zeus was angry, and I had a pretty good idea of what was making him mad. Zeus had just found out that Poseidon broke their oath not once, but twice. On my walk with Luke, I learned that Percy was barely a year older than me, and he'd be turning 13 at the end of this summer while I'd be turning 12. It got me thinking a lot about how the gods could move on so easily. I mean, Poseidon had met my mother, and the two of them had me within only a year of Percy being born. I shook the thoughts out of my head, and when we got close to the cabin, Luke bid me goodbye and headed in the direction of the Hermes cabin. At the entrance to the Poseidon cabin, I found Chiron waiting for me along with Percy.

"Ah. Y/n, there you are. How are you feeling?" Chiron quizzed.

"Fine. Better," I clarify. "Luke told me you wanted me to help Percy move in?"

"Yes. And afterwards, I'd like the two of you to meet me at the Big House," Chiron requested.

"Sure thing," I confirm and glance at my half-brother. "Come on, Percy. I'll show you around the cabin."

"Wow," Percy breathed out when he stepped inside. "For a place supposed to be empty, this cabin is nice."

"It wasn't always this way. I've added a lot since I've been here," I tell him and gesture to the only other unoccupied bed in the room. "You can have that side. Feel free to decorate it however you'd like. There's a nightstand and a dresser already set up for you. The fountain against this wall here gurgles at night, so I hope you like white noise. It's also filled with drachmae that you can use to make Iris messages. Judging by your expression though you have no idea what that is, so moving on. Um, our schedule is pretty self explanatory. Battle strategy with the Athena cabin, archery lessons with Chiron, sword fighting with whoever you want I guess, and uh, you and I are in charge of watching over canoeing at the lake."