Cabin Five Saves the Day

Y/n's POV

There is a huge difference between dragons and drakons. Dragons, like Peleus, were calmer creatures and easier to take down if needed. Drakons, on the other hand, are the complete opposite and millennia older. They're also way larger. They look like giant serpents, and while most don't have wings or breathe fire, all of them are poisonous and immensely strong with scales harder than titanium. Thankfully, we have drakon-fighting classes at camp, but there is no way to prepare yourself for a 200 ft long serpent slithering down the side of a building. Its yellow eyes were like searchlights, and it had a mouth full of razor-sharp teeth. 

"I'll take the drakon," Percy volunteered and turned to Annabeth. "Will you help me?"

"Um, sure," Annabeth replied nervously.

"I can help too, Percy," I offer.

Percy shook his head. "No. Try to stay at the back and use your bow. Right now distance combat is all I want you doing unless the enemy gets too close."

"Percy I-"

"Just do what I say, Y/n. I don't want you getting hurt again," Percy admitted and ran off to fight the drakon.

While I hated not being able to use my sword to get up close and personal with the monsters, I was just as good with a bow. And I didn't want to admit it, but Percy was right. I had barely healed from a major injury, and if something else happened to me, I wouldn't have the strength to come back. I touched a finger to the trident nosepiece of my helmet and closed my eyes, saying a little prayer to both Poseidon and Tyche, and then kissed my finger and pointed up to the sky. Once I was done, I unslung my bow from my back and joined the fight.

My first thought was to help Annabeth and Percy from afar. But because I was using a bow, there weren't many places I could aim for that would cause the drakon harm. I knocked an arrow and drew the string back, taking aim at the drakon's face. It was harder to shoot since the monster was moving around so much, but I took a deep breath, aimed, and fired. The arrow soared past Percy's shoulder and impaled itself deep in the monster's left eye. The drakon hissed and recoiled, obviously not expecting that to happen.

"You're welcome!" I shout over to Percy. "That's all the help you're gonna get from me."

Then I began arcing arrows into the sky so that they'd fall on unsuspecting monsters. It wasn't much, but it was the best I could do so that I didn't hit anyone on our side. However, as much as our side tried to fight, the enemy had pushed us back farther than I would have liked. Percy wouldn't be happy with me, but I had to exchange my bow for my sword. I hadn't used it since before I was injured, and just swinging it once caused a burning sensation to arise on my abdomen. I pushed through the pain and stabbed at an empousa, who exploded into flames and crumbled to dust. Just before I could pick a fight with another monster, I heard a rumbling from the south, and I recognized the sound immediately. Chariot wheels.

"Ares!" a girl's voice yelled. 

Following it, a dozen war chariots charged into battle. Each was flying a red banner with the symbol of the wild boar's head, and had a team of skeletal horses with manes of fire. Thirty fresh campers in armor lowered their lances as one, ready for battle. And at the front of the charge was a girl in familiar red armor, her face covered by a boar's head helm, and a spear crackling with electricity in her hand. Clarisse had come to the rescue. While half of the chariots charged the monster army, Clarisse led the other six straight for the drakon.

The drakon had paralyzed two chariot drivers, and they veered into a line of cars. The other four chariots kept charging, and when the monster bared its fangs to strike, it got a mouthful of celestial bronze javelins. Lances broke against the monster's skin. Skeletal horses breathed fire and whinnied. Two more chariots overturned, but the warriors simply leaped to their feet, drew their swords and went to work hacking at chinks in the creature's scales while dodging poison spray.