Revelations

Y/n's POV

It was the Friday before Christmas, and Argus picked Annabeth, Percy, Grover, and I up from the Empire State Building. He drove us all the way back to camp through the light snowstorm, but all was good since the highway was practically deserted. Chiron greeted us at the Big House with hot cocoa and toasted cheese sandwiches. Then, we met up with the other counselors to tell everyone our story. And it ended on some weird news.

"Luke is still alive," I reveal. "Poseidon told me. He also said that Kronos' forces are getting stronger. Stronger than we think."

"Well," Annabeth started. "If the final battle does come when Percy is 16, at least we have two more years to figure something out."

"Two years may seem like a long time, but it is the blink of an eye. I still hope you are not the child of the prophecy, Percy. Or you, Y/n," Chiron added. "But, if you are, then the second Titan war is almost upon us. Kronos's first strike will be here. The gods use heroes as their tools. Destroy the tools, and the gods will be crippled. Luke's forces will come here. Mortal, demigod, monstrous...we must be prepared. Clarisse's news may give us a clue as to how they will attack, but-"

"Hey!" Nico interjected and burst into the parlor, his cheeks bright red from the cold weather. "Where's my sister?"

"Um," Percy mumbled and turned to me. "I'm gonna go talk to Nico. Meet us by the dining pavilion in a few minutes, okay?"

I nodded. "Yeah. Okay. See you then."

"Come on, Nico. Lets take a walk," Percy urged and led Nico out of the Big House.

A few minutes later, I started the trek over to the dining hall. I wished I had grabbed a hoodie from my cabin because it was chilly outside. My nose was being nipped by the cold air, and I could feel my cheeks and ears turning red. I got to the dining hall just in time to see Percy draw his sword against four skeletal warriors.

"Nico, get back," I order and draw my own sword.

"You guys are trying to kill me!" Nico screamed. "You brought these things?"

"No! I mean, yes," Percy decided. "They must have followed us back. Nico, run. They can't be destroyed."

"I don't trust you!" Nico confessed as the first skeleton charged.

I jumped in front of Nico just in time, and with a swipe of my sword, I knocked aside its blade. But the other three kept coming. Percy knocked the head off the second one, and the third one came out of nowhere. It slammed into my side, and my sword clattered to the marble floor of the pavilion. I scrambled to my feet quickly, but when I went to grab my weapon, the skeleton slashed his sword at me. The blade caught me in the shoulder, drawing blood pretty easily. I fell to the floor, my hand instantly coming up to grab my injury. My sword lay forgotten as I dragged myself away from the skeleton, leaving bloody handprints across the marble floor.

"Y/n!" Percy shouted when he saw that I was hurt and cornered. "Run, Nico! Get help!"

"No! Go away!" Nico yelled.

The ground rumbled beneath my feet, and all of the skeletons froze. Within a second, a chasm opened up in the middle of the pavilion, and flames erupted from it before swallowing all of the skeletons whole. It closed up just as quickly, leaving a long scar across the floor of the pavilion. I clutched my shoulder as I stared awestruck at what had just happened.

"Nico, how did you-"

Nico cut Percy off. "Go away! I hate you! I wish you were dead!" With that, he took off running towards the woods.

"Nico! Nico wait!" I call out and try to stand up, only for a searing pain to shoot up my shoulder. Percy tried to run after him, but he slipped on the icy steps. I winced in pain as I finally got to my feet, and I walked over to Percy, who had picked up a small statue from the ground. It was one of Nico's Mythomagic figurines.