Kronos' Final Stand

Y/n's POV

"My lord," Ethan warned when he saw us.

"Shall I destroy you first, Jackson?" Kronos posed. "Is that the choice you will make? To fight me and die instead of bowing down? Prophecies never end well, you know."

"Luke would fight with a sword," Percy mentioned. "But I suppose you don't have his skill." Kronos sneered, and as he did, his scythe began to change, until he held Luke's old weapon, Backbiter. Its half-steel and half-celestial bronze blade glinted in the silver and gold throne room.

Annabeth gasped and unsheathed her knife. "Percy, the blade! The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap."

Before Percy could reply, Kronos raised his sword and attacked Percy in a whirlwind. And as much as I wanted to help my brother, I couldn't, because Ethan was trying to get behind him. Trying to get to his Achilles heel. My sword was in my hand instantly, and I intercepted Ethan, pointing the blade at his throat.

"Sparing you during our fight in the labyrinth was the worst decision I ever made," I spit at him. "And the amount of times you've almost ruined everything....I'm ready to end you."

"I told you that you should have killed me before and you didn't listen. You've had ample opportunity too. Why the change of heart?" Ethan asked, his sword still resting at his side.

"Cause you're trying to kill my brother. So now its personal," I seethe and slash at him. Ethan was quick though, and he raised his sword to parry my strike. For at least a minute, the two of us went back and forth, slashing and parrying. And then I got an idea. I feigned for his right, leaving my own exposed. Ethan saw the weakness and immediately went for it, but I expected that. I dodged his strike easily, and with his back to me, I had an easy target. My boot kicked at his chest plate, and he fell to the floor, his sword flying away from his hand.

"Wow," Ethan exhaled. "I'm impressed. You finally owned up to your weakness. But I still know another one of yours."

From his spot on the floor, Ethan kicked upwards at me, and his foot caught my stomach where I had been stabbed. I cried out in pain and crumpled to the floor, holding my stomach as the wound throbbed. I could already feel the wound reopening, and I let out a string of curses, knowing how upset Will was gonna be with me. I tried to stand up and fight back, but pain rippled through my body, and my breath was sucked out of me as I fell back to the floor.

In the main fight, Kronos had Percy backed up against the throne of Hephaestus; a huge mechanical La-Z-Boy-type thing covered with bronze and silver gears. Kronos slashed, and Percy dodged it by jumping straight onto the seat. Immediately, the throne began to whirr and hum, and Percy took that as a sign to abandon ship. Percy jumped right over Kronos' head as the throne shot tendrils of electricity in all directions, one even hitting Kronos in the face. Electricity arced up and down his body, even through his sword.

"Agh!" Kronos groaned and fell to his knees, dropping Backbiter. Annabeth saw her chance, and she charged Kronos. Or at least tried to.

"Luke, listen!" Annabeth ordered.

Kronos flicked his hand, and Annabeth flew backwards, slamming into the throne of her mother. From there, she crumpled to the floor. I wanted to go help her, but Ethan stood behind the two of us. Thankfully, Grover had made his way around the thrones, and was now playing his pipes as he knelt by Annabeth's side. Kronos rose to one knee, and I could see that his face was covered in electrical burns. His hair smoldered as he reached for his sword, but this time it didn't fly into his hands.

"Nakamura! Time to prove yourself. You know Jackson's secret weakness. Kill him, and you will have rewards beyond measure," Kronos pledged.

"Ethan wait!" I interrupt and prop myself up on one elbow. "Look around you. The end of the world. Is this the reward you want? Do you really want everything destroyed? The good with the bad? Everything?"