12

With a sigh, the girl laid back. Her chest just barely heaving and hair all too messy as she felt the man kiss the top of her head with the intentions of saying sorry. Having never in her life been with a man so rough before in bed. Because Yoongi would use the act of sex to showcase his emotions instead of talking. Completely lashing out on the woman through the way he touched her, even if Ming knew that it was all he had learned in life. Learned from those around him. Learned from those who would never care to let the boy get in touch with himself. Understanding just what it was he'd feel. Feel when upset. Feel when confused.

"Yoongi." Her voice was so quiet as she spoke. Making his eyes fall down to the sight of her head on his chest as her arm stayed draped across his torso. Having no more than that subtle moonlight shadow her face as they laid there.

"Have you thought about what I asked—"

"Ming—"

"I want an answer, Yoongi—"

"I-It's not that easy for me to just leave all of this shit behind, Ming. I have people who rely on me, a-and if I pull out now they'll fucking kill me—"

"But you did almost die, Yoongi. W-Whether or not you pull out, everything that you do is dangerous—"

"You don't get it—"

"Don't get what, Yoongi? Huh?! Get the fact that you have no problem getting yourself killed—"

"But I met you. We wouldn't be together if not—"

"That's not a good enough reason, Yoongi." She shook her head. Sitting up just enough to look at the man who could see every inch of those tears in her eyes. Because the woman had grown attached. Had grown to worry. And she couldn't. Couldn't stomach watching him get killed.

"All I want is for you to be safe, baby. You have no clue how sick I feel every time you leave—"

"Kitten—"

"A-And I want us to be able to do what other couples do. I want to be able to go on normal dates, a-and actually leave the house without worrying—"

"You know I try, Ming—"

"And I know that, baby. But what about if we decide to have kids one day? Hmm? I don't want our children to live the way we've had to, and you being a drug dealer won't let that happen, Yoongi. It just won't." She sniffled down those tears. Able to see that complete glossiness upon his eyes the second he looked at the girl. Because the man knew. Knew this was why he could never. Never be in a relationship. Never be with someone so beautifully gentle. Unable to provide anyone with what they wanted. . . without hurting them in the process.

"But I love you, Ming. A-And I can't lose you already, baby. You're the only thing that's made me fucking happy—"

"Yoongi—"

"I know that I'm fucked up. That I have issues and that I'm not a good person, but I'm trying to do what I can, Ming. I-I promise I'm trying, baby." All she could do was have those tears leave her eyes. Swearing that she had never felt such heartache before. Able to feel the way his hands grabbed her waist. Holding onto the woman with that grasp heavy enough to make her swear she was looking at some little boy. So afraid to let the woman go. The same woman who had finally provided him. Provided him with what he had no clue he needed so desperately.

"I want to give you all of those things, Ming. I-I want to give you a family, and be able to do what other couples can but it's just not that easy for me, Ming. All I want is to make you proud—"

"I am proud of you, baby—"

"Then don't leave me, Ming. I-I promise that I'll work on my temper, and that I'll stop doing so many shady deals—"

"Yoongi." She could see how worked up he was. Watching nothing more than that heaving of his chest as his words fell more and more stuttered. Because the man wasn't in control. In control of the situation. In control of his emotions.

"You know that I've never looked at you like some kind of monster, baby. But it's because the way I look at you that I can't sit here and watch you go get yourself killed—"

"Ming—"

"These men don't care to kill you, Yoongi—you know that—a-and I know that it's all you know. That this was what your father did, and what everyone else around you would do as well, but I love you, Yoongi. And I know that one day someone won't hesitate to pull the trigger—"

"Ming baby—"

"So you have to let me go, Yoongi—"

"M-Ming baby, please." His words were so rushed. Looking at the woman with every tear in his eye that had the woman's entire heart falling apart. Having raised nothing more than her hands up to his face as she felt her own tears slip down her skin. Because the woman couldn't stand to not be near him. To not know if he was okay. To not know if he was taking care of himself, even if she knew she couldn't watch what she knew would happen unfold. Seeing as though the woman had fallen for the man. Fallen for him in ways she never believed were possible.

"I'm sorry, baby—"

"Ming—"

"I have to go, okay?" She ignored every one of those cries of her name. Having slipped herself from out of that single bed the man got up from almost instantly. Unable to stop himself from taking hold of the woman's wrist with that immediate please. Feeling like he was losing himself in the process of losing her, even if the girl only met his eyes. Giving the man that kiss all too soft, in which he listened to that whispered I have to go, baby. Knowing that she couldn't. Couldn't stay. Couldn't watch him die as Yoongi felt her slip his grasp. . . only to leave the man there all alone.