chapter nine: training

Start from the beginning

Elisa nodded and awkwardly messed with her shirt, she didn't know what to do or what to say. She liked Peter and the awkward silence was bothering her.

Elisa coughed awkwardly and Peter rubbed the back of his neck.

"Aunt May will want me home soon, I'll see you for training tomorrow," he said.

"See you," she responded and they parted ways, going off to her room where she mentally beat herself up for being so awkward.

Elisa walked into her added on bathroom and glared at herself in the mirror.

"Why are you the way that you are?" She asked as she frowned at her reflection.

She stared at herself some more and fixed her ponytail. Elisa left the room and went to her painting room, putting up a new easel and got her paints ready, she outlined Peter once again, starting the paints and imagined the colors she wanted.

Elisa smiled at the finished piece, once again, cleaning the brushes and leaving. She showered and got ready for bed, mentally preparing herself for tomorrow's human interaction and her interactions with Peter.

∆∆∆

Elisa stood in the training room, she was bent over as she fixed her hair up in a ponytail. That's when she noticed her shoe lace was untied. Elisa got on her knee, fixing the lace.

"Sorry. I'm late!" Peter spoke up, causing Elisa to look up as she finished, tucking the laces away in her shoe, "the subway was backed up."

Elisa nodded and waved him over.

"Let's get started, shall we?" She asked and he nodded.

Elisa started stretching, getting on the ground and went into a near split, moving onto both sides till she had her foot in hand.

"Should I be stretching?" Peter asked.

"Do you pull a muscle when you fight?" She asked and he shrugs.

"Sometimes," he responded.

"Then yes," she said and he nodded, mimicking what she was doing.

At certain points she would have to stop and help him.

"Alright, do you actually know how to fight?" She asked and he shook his head.

"I just use my powers," he said and she widened her eyes.

"That's a horrible idea," she spoke and he frowned.

"Excuse you," he responded, slightly offended by her comment.

"Well what if your powers take a shit?" She asked and he frowned.

"It's apart of my DNA," he said and Elisa raised an eyebrow.

"So is mine, that didn't stop it when I couldn't use my abilities in the middle of a mission," she said and he tilted his head.

"You have abilities?" He asked and Elisa chuckled.

"They call me poltergeist for a reason," she pointed out and he started to get excited.

"What are they?" He asked and Elisa smiled.

Elisa went invisible, walking up behind him, watching the hairs on the back of his neck rise. She saw him go frigid and he turned around as she went visible.

"I also have telekinesis and can speak to the dead, although I don't do the ladder much," she explains and Peter nodded, an expression of awe shown on his face.

"That's awesome," he said.

Elisa noticed the lack of space between them and stepped back, turning to the shelf with boxing mitts.

"I'm teaching you boxing first, something you can probably grasp easily," she said and Peter nodded.

"Uh, cool," he said and walked over with her.

She grabbed wraps and held her hand out for his. He awkwardly stared at it and smacked it, as if it was a high five. Elisa chuckled and shook her head.

"I need your hand," she said and Peter widened his eyes. His face flushed and his cheeks went red as he handed it to her.

Elisa wrapped his hands up and gave him boxing mitts, pointing to a punching bag. Peter walked over awkwardly and got into a fighting stance.

Elisa watched him silently as she got ready. She walked over as he looked at her with a confused face.

"I have no idea what I'm doing," he admitted and Elisa smiled.

"That's what I'm here for"