√ || ame • fairy tales

Start from the beginning

"Ame..." I whispered, tears springing into my eyes. "When are you coming back?"

The rain drowned the sound of my sobbing, but it could never find a way to drown my sorrows until it was no more.

•••

I was startled by the cackling thunder. My feet had gone numb, realizing that it had been left exposed amidst the unforgiving cold during the night. I looked at my watch with heavy eyelids threatening to close any second now:

2:35 AM

I sigh, plopping back down to bed. I looked over to the glass door leading towards a small balcony. Lightning and thunder struck down hard near the complex building I was in, sending me fully awake. Then I saw it.
S

omeone was standing outside my balcony. I broke down in a nervous sweat. Was that person an intruder? If it was, the only thing I could possibly defend myself with is a radio.

I sat down quietly, despite the roaring thunder and rain, I was still cautious to not make any sound. The curtains danced in front of the glass door, covering my view once I tried to get a good look at the silhouette once lightning flashed again.

I stood up, slowly pacing towards the glass doors. My heart was slowly thumping in my chest the more I get closer to the figure.

"Could it be..?" I whispered, slowly reaching out to the curtain.

Swiftly, I swiped it away, with another bolt of lightning, my heart stopped right there.

Ame.

He stood there silently, both hands hidden inside his jacket that I once gave him before he had left me alone. He closed his eyes, his long hair dancing with the wind's direction.

Tears quickly sprang into my eyes, my chest bursting with joy.

He slowly revealed his beautiful hazel orbs, gazing into mine. A smile crept up to his lips, which made me want to cry even more.

"(Y/N)..." Ame called, his voice husky and deep. His face was filled with uncertainty. I looked up at him, with tears now streaming down my face. He was caught off guard, his eyes widening, a gasp escaping his lips. 

"Is that... is that really you..?" You ask, unsure whether to take another step closer. Ame chuckled. 

"Why wouldn't it be me?" He replied. At that moment, I knew this wasn't one of those dreams where I finally see him, only to find him gone in a blink of an eye.

"Ame!" I cried, wrapping your arms around him tightly. I buried your face into his chest, unable to control my sobbing.

I felt his warm arms snake on my back, hugging me as well. At this point, I wanted to stop time forever. I wanted to remain in his arms for as long as I live.

I pulled away, wiping my eyes with the back of my hand.  "I... I thought you weren't coming back..."

Ame stopped in his tracks, a surprised look on his face. I could feel his eyes on me; observing me, perhaps. He held my chin and lifted it up so I could see his face.

"I'm sorry for making you wait for so long, (Y/N)." He said, his tone gentle. I missed hearing that in the morning, whenever he gets the chance to wake up before me and decides to bother me instead.

I smiled, hitting his shoulder gently. "You kept me hanging," I chuckled, making Ame smile as well.

He then pulled me into his arms once again, his grip around me tighter. I could feel his breath on my neck, sending a shiver down my spine.

"I missed you... so much," he whispered in my ear. He pushed me towards my bed, kissing me with fierce passion and longing. I ran my fingers across his long silky hair, happy to have felt it again.

I couldn't recall what had happened between the two of us that night, but all I could feel was that I felt alive. His hands and whispers about sweet nothings... I thought I could never relive those moments again.

I lay next to him, gripping the covers of our bed, the coldness creeping up to my bare body.

"Tell me, Ame," I said aloud, glancing at him momentarily. "What exactly did you do in all those months you were gone?"

Ame chuckled. "I trained a brother," he looked at you with a smile. "So I wouldn't have to leave you again."

I snuggled next to him, his skin warm. I sighed in content. "I missed this,"

"Me too," he mumbled. 

Some would say that a room was just a room, but it can become a home with the right person. Ame was that person. He made my house a home, my life a home, and my body a home. Our lives would eventually run its course, and there'll come a day where neither of us would part, but be parted, by life itself. Until then, I didn't need anything else.