Chapter 3 -- Scarlett Tanner

Scarlett Tanner

The mayor walked up to the podium and began to clear his throat and then said:

“Welcome ladies and gentlemen, will you please direct your attention your gaze to the big screen for a message from your president.”

“Hello ladies, gentlemen, my name is President Evergreen and I want to introduce a new annual event, the Hunger Games!! It is a test of your survival skills, your bravery, and your strength. Now when I say strength that could mean anything that you might be able to help you to survive. Tomorrow there will be a reaping, where we will choose 2 random girls and 2 random boys between the age of 12 and 18, to represent your district. So you are all problem wondering what the Hunger Games are all about, well my friend let me tell you. It is where the weak is weeded out and the strong established. But more than that it is where only the strongest person will be returning. Since this is the first we will allow a whole group of people from the same district may win. The rest will be terminated! With that Happy Hunger Games and May the odds be ever in your favor!” the screen went black and frenzy started. I looked at Terrence. His eyes filled with the same thing as mine were. Fear. I had my sister and me to worry about but Terrence had him and his 3 sisters and 2 other brothers.

“I have to go.” We chorused. We kissed and ran off. As I walked up to the house I saw Anastasia running from the other way. There was a look on her face that mirrored mine. There was something terribly wrong with this whole Hunger Games idea.

__________________________________________________________________________

Dear wattpad readers, we mean to say their will be 4 tributes. Trust us we got this. In the end it will all make sense eventually. We wanted 4 people to write about and to win.