Chapter 7 -- Scarlett Tanner

Scarlett Tanner

"Scarlett Tanner!" 

My mind was so focused on Anastasia that I didn't notice when he called my name.

"Scarlett please come up here and join, who I'm guessing to be, your sister!"

I couldn't believe my ears. I stared at the president. I was utterly shocked. I just stood there frozen. Then I slowly walked out to the isle. I started walking more swiftly. Anastasia had already tried to escape. I needed to show that I was strong. I walked and stood next to Anastasia and President Evergreen.

"Congratulation

"What she said jerk!" I whispered sharply. I wasn't going to cry. I stood up straight and tried to look for Terrance. I met his eyes. They were filled with sadness. I saw a little tear slide down his horror struck face. I smiled weakly. I turned and started walking down the stairs. I was planning on going to comfort Terrance but before I could I heard,

"Terrance Richards!"

I stared at Terrance,horror sketched across my face. I stood there and watched as Terrance  walked to the isle. He strode over to me, grabbed my hand and pulled me up to the stage. I couldn't believe it! First Anastasia and NOW Terrance, two of the most important people in my life and they were both going to die! All of a sudden all my nightmares were becoming reality. Then out of nowhere, there was a small shriek. I turned and saw Anastasia, with the most horrified expression. The final boy was called. I looked over and saw Foster Oswell. I wondered why she was so upset. Then I realized why. Because of the same reason I was upset because of Terrance got chosen.

"Now that we have our tributes, the first annual Hunger Games may begin!"

________________________________________________________________

Sorry it is kinda short we just felt it was a good place to stop. ANYWHO thanks for reading sooo much!! We really appreciate and remember vote and comment we would love to read from people of how they think about ur story!!! :D