Chapter 52

Chapter 52

The guys are now drown with beers. They are laughing together without reason and I'm just watching them, confused. What kind of celebration is this? Zeus and France were the only good up to now.

"How about their motorcycle's? Who's gonna bring that home?." I asked Claudia.

She sighed. "Elijah's on his way here to rescue us. I didn't expect this evening to be like this."

Victor laughed so loudly that almost the customers from other table are looking so strange at us. I frowned. Victor slammed the table and laugh so hard. The others were giggling.

"I just can't forget Kaza's face whenever he's being sucked down by a portal." He said, laughing.

I creased my forehead. Huh? What portal?

Zeus picked up a nacho from the plate and threw it to Victor's forehead. Victor grunted before letting go of the topic and slump hard on the table. He snored.

"One elephant down." Frances murmured as he pour beer on his glass. He looked at me and raised his glass.

"You want?."

Zeus pulled his arm down and put the glass down. What's his problem? France just grinned and ignored him.

Suddenly my phone went ringing. I searched through my pockets.

"Oh, I think my girlfriend's calling me already.." Maximo murmured and grabbed his phone from the table.

Connor groggily pulled Maximo's hand away from his phone, murmuring unfamiliar words.

"You sucker, you don't have a girlfriend!." Connor exclaimed with his eyes half closed.

Maximo gasped exaggerated as he looked at his brother with his eyes half closed too. Seriously? They're beat.

"I-I don't have a girlfriend?." Maximo dramatically gasped.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my phone, found out it was dad. I excused myself and found Zeus' eyes watching me go outside to answer my phone.

The wind was still cold for the rain just stopped minutes ago. I answered my phone.

"Dad."

"Not yet done? Are we gonna wait for you?." Dad asked.

"We're almost done." I lied. "Go to sleep. I'll just lock the doors, dad."

"Alright, don't go home alone. Make them bring you here. Goodnight."

I smiled. "Yes, dad. Love you."

"Love you, sweetheart."

I dropped the call and sighed. I looked around and there were noisy group of friends passed by. I looked at the motorcycles behind the restaurant. How are they going to bring this home?

I inserted my phone in my pocket.

"It's cold here." I almost jumped from my place when Zeus spoke.

I turned to him, horrified.

"Don't do that again!." I exclaimed.

He leaned on a post.

"I've never seen you scared like that." He said.

I hugged myself. "We just met. Of course, it's your first time. And I'm easily get scared."

He nodded and twitches his lips to prevent a smile. He looks like he has something else to say but he's keeping it to himself. I rolled my eyes. Why am I so irritated?