Chapter 42

Chapter 42

It was midnight and I just can't sleep. Maybe because I slept already for seventy hours, this is my body refusing to sleep anymore. I'm just watching the others asleep. Trevor's behind me, napping. He even promised me he'll stay awake with me.

One swift of the wind and I glanced at the steel door. The guards were sleeping and there was nothing else.

Maybe just some wind who happened to enter from the window. I ignored it, but the second time a wind blew my air, like it was intended to happen.

"What.." I murmured.

Slowly, bodies appeared again in front of the chambers. I got into my stance, even with my languid state, I managed to get up and waited.

"Lorietta!." It was Connor!

He hold onto the bars and pulled me closer. He almost squashed me on that bars because of his tight embrace.

I was about to pull the hug away when he was shoved by someone.

"Lorietta!." It was Zeus.

I smiled widely and pulled his body into a hug. Through the thick steel bars, we managed to hug each other freely.

"First part of the mission and you already want me to get injured!." Connor commented while brushing some dirt on his clothes.

" What happened to the 'less casualties' motto of our team?." He dramatically exclaimed.

Zeus ignored his brother as he watched me. Longing and anger were visible in his dark set of eyes. Now, I can't explain this feeling. I missed him so much. I missed them so much! It was like I haven't seen them for years.

"Did they treat you well here?." He whispered as he caressed my cheek.

I smiled. "No but I handled it."

"Of course, you will." He answered.

"I thought you'll never gonna save me anymore." I said.

Connor chuckled. "That's impossible, Lorietta. Just an hour after you getting abducted by our oh-so-sweet-daddy, Zeus already wants to follow you."

Zeus rolled his eyes and glared at Connor, but Connor didn't even bulge.

"But of course, we need a plan and time. So we tied him down on a chair. Yeah, he was quite handful." Connor grinned looking so proud with him tied Zeus on a chair.

Just as Zeus will engage on a fight with him, Connor laughed and vanished through the thin air.

"Where is he going?." I murmured.

"Probably hell."

With all his force, he bent down the steel bars and all I can do is to watch the guard if he's going to wake up because of the noise, Zeus was making!

"Don't worry, he's dead." Zeus seems like reading my expression.

"He's dead?." I gasped.

"Yeah. Ulysses worked it out."

"Where are the others?." I looked around and look for possible hiding area.

"They're making sure the Dementria's wouldn't catch your soul once we go out of the perimeter. Don't worry, the plan was proof read very carefully."  He murmured and finished the bending down of the steel bars.

He offered me his hand and was about to grab it when I glanced at Trevor who was sleeping peacefully.

"Let's go, Lorietta. We're running out of time." He said.