Chapter 32

Chapter 32

I felt the soft wind sinking inside my lungs. It was comforting and cold, like a soft breeze whispering lullaby to me. I felt my fingers curled and that's when I realized I'm still alive. Unfortunately.

"She's not responding-."

"-can't revive her!."

"-force, the life force!."

"Keep quiet."

There were murmurs around. Soft. Loud. I smiled to myself, or is it my physical body did that? Where are we? I didn't remember much. The last time I can remember is that the portal pulled us in.

Not because of my life force, I felt it was something else.

I slowly opened my eyes and adjusted my vision to the blinding light. Sa lahat siguro ng madadatnan ko palagi t'wing kami ay humahantong sa ganitong sitwasyon ay ang mabilis kong pag adjust sa mga bagay bagay. And one of them is the damn light.

I groaned when I felt someone's life force inside me.

"You little stubborn! Do you want me to kill you instead?." It was Zeus face that registered to me first.

I want to laugh at him but I'm too tired to do that. He's probably over reacting again but I guess I can't stop him because I am like, paralyzed shit in this comfy bed.

Wait, what? What bed?

"Get her some food to eat. She's gonna feel human now, now that she's on Earth again." Said a low old very raspy voice. "And please leave the room, I'm gonna talk to the lady."

Some old man swung his face in front of me. Kumunot ang noo ko at pilit na kinilala ang matanda. He seems 60 or younger.

"Am Paro, she's not yet in condition." Zeus butted in.

Oh! So this is the great Am Paro they are talking about? Is he...that powerful? Well, he doesn't look like.

"I'm not gonna do anything, Maximilian. Don't worry, your lady is safe with me." He chuckled. May hawak hawak siyang baston at itinutok 'yon kung saan.

Laking gulat ko nalang ng may lumapit na sa kaniyang upuan. He comfortably seated on the chair while I'm here hyperventilating. What is he? Damn it! I'm already in Earth? Still with immortals?

You make it sound like we're a bad thing. Zeus's voice echoed through my mind.

Damn it. I tried blocking him off but there is no use.

It's been a long time being in your tiny brain, Lorietta. He chuckled without humor.

Is that a compliment? Because I won't take it. I said.

Oh, I didn't told you to take it.

What is happening, Zeus?

Some sort of formality. He just wants to talk to you. Hopefully.

What...

"Now, go, successors. You stink." Maarte niyang itinaboy ang anim at pumikit sandali ng mariin.

I looked at them with my 'Please don't leave me' look but I guess they trust this old guy here too much. Enough for them to leave me under his custody. I breathed heavily.

Memories of last night haunts me. What if there are still mummies out here? What if some still followed us? Crap!

"So..." He dramatically started.

I stared at him. Being cautious.

"You're cursed, right?." He asked me.

Sinubukan kong mag salita but all I can release was pure humming. It was like a pack of tape was covering my mouth. He seems shock at first but chuckled the next.