Chapter 39

Chapter 39

I woke up because I was feeling drag somewhere. My body collide with something rough and that was when
I realized it was a bench I collided with. The guards holding me was startled because of my ability.

I tried getting up with both of my hands tied up. I knew at this point, I'm going to surrender myself, FOR NOW.

"You didn't see everything yet, you suckers." I murmured and let them take my hand again and walked non stop.

I mean, bloody hell we were walking for days! With no food and no water! My lips felt so dry, I can't feel my foot anymore because of the tiring numbness from all our expeditions.

I'm not yet immortal, okay? If they weren't informed on that.

"Give the prisoner a jag of water." Someone announced.

I rolled my eyes in frustration. Maybe I said my thoughts out loud, huh? And they aren't that sensitive enough to notice that I'm tired as limp because I am still a freaking human?

"You, the shank." The guard pointed someone from behind. The others pulled a guy with a jag on his hand. It looks like it's his first time here. He strangely looked me in my eyes, and that was weird. He was mysterious.

"Quick! Make her drink!." The guard yelled at him.

His jaw clenched. I can see how his veins protruding in his head due to the controls on his temper. But, why so? Why am I so observant today? Ugh.

"Please." I murmured.

He nodded gently at me and placed the mouth of the jar between my trembling numb lips.

As the water travelled down to my throat, I can feel the easing pain. I felt a little strength in my body after that. Maybe, water will really help for a human being like me. I made sure I drank every bit of water inside the jag so it'll be worth it.

"Thank you." I uttered when he pulled away the jag. He nodded gently again and hesitated at first if he's gonna get more water or not.

I smiled weakly. "I'm fine."

He walked away again and I think I longed for a friend immediately. I suddenly missed the team. I left them back in Earth and probably are planning something now to rescue me. Well, I'd wait for that.

I continued to walk. And fuck, it was getting on my nerves, because of the plenty of water I had earlier, I felt like I can fight now. No more worries and no more plans, I'll just do what I can do.

I observes the surroundings. Estimated over a hundred of shoulders in three lines. I'm on the middle, so just a little explosion somewhere in the middle, I can make myself on the loose.

But how am I able to create a diversion?

Patience.

A voice echoed in my mind. I estimated its voice at first because I was trying to figure it out if  it's one of the successors. Maybe if they can link to me without my mana, they're just around the steep!

Hello? Can I talk to you? I spoke to the voice.

The tainted soul shall not delay her mission to Earth. Be with the guidance or not. The voice replied.

I got confused. What is that voice trying to tell me? This is certainly not one from the successors, not from the Versaius brothers too. Wait..

Who are you?

Face and conquer. The voice said.

My eyes widen. He is the one from the last border before! The one who tried to hypnotized me! Damn it, my necklace are out of mana! I'm in danger right now.