I don't think I can do this

"Magnus."  Alec says from their bedroom. "I don't think I can do this."  The young shadowhunter says, pacing the room.

"Alexander, darling, yes you can."  Magnus answers from his make up table.

"How can you say that?"

"Alexander, you give speeches all the time."

"That is different.  That is to my shadowhunters at the institute not the entire clave. I am not this confident. I never should have agreed to this."

"Alexander,  you are very confident."  Magnus says, smiling at him. "You were confident enough to get me for a boyfriend."

"That's different, I love you. I don't even like half of these people."

"Look at me."  Magnus says, putting his hands on each side of alecs head.  "You are the bravest person I know.  Just remember,  I will be right in the front row, proudly watching you."

Alec smiles softly at Magnus then, his eyes wide, says, "I think I'm going to be sick."  He says, clamping his hand over his mouth and running to the bathroom.

**********

Alec walks up to the podium, takes out his notes and looks out at the crowd and he suddenly forgets what he is going to say. He looks frantically for Magnus and when their eyes lock, he feels a warmth envelope his hand, relaxing him and he finds his voice and begins his speech.

********

"That was terrific."  Izzy says as they all walk up to alec.

"Thanks."  He says, smiling at Magnus.

"You looked like you were about to be sick up there."  Jace says.

"Well."  Alec says, taking a deep breath. "I was until Magnus started holding my hand."

"How did he do that?"

"Well."  Alec says, looking deep into magnus's eyes. "He isn't the high warlock of brooklyn for nothing."